Is there anything more comforting than cozying up with a cup of homemade hot cocoa during the winter season?
I say, no there is nothing more comforting. While my kids are home on the winter break, I made a large jar of homemade hot cocoa mix.
We are planning to enjoy it often. I will be honest, you really do not need to buy store-bought hot cocoa. You can totally make your own mix in matters of 5 minutes.
I really cherish this time with kids still home. Well, I know how I am going to handle when they all leave my nest.
I stayed with them all their life, started this blogging journey just to be here when they need me.
There is nowhere I rather wish to be right now than here with three of them close to me. We are playing our favorite animated movie and enjoying a cup of homemade hot cocoa.
To me personally small things matter so making memories like this is unforgettable.
Who do you cherish in your life?
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make my Homemade Hot Cocoa, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks in advance!!!
My hot cocoa is the best if you add a couple of homemade marshmallows. Try my super easy recipe and let me know what you think
- Make sure that ingredients are not expired.
- Store the hot cocoa mix in the glass jar with a lid to keep it fresh.
- Make sure to use milk even though it is not needed but for extra rich hot cocoa, you must use any milk of your choice.
Equipment to use
- Heavy-duty saucepan. It is always amazing when you have a great saucepan to make hot cocoa in.
- You need a great whisk. I would recommend using a mini sieve to get rid of any lumps, however, you will need very good whisk as well.
- Never make hot cocoa on the high heat. Use medium temperature to make it. Stir slowly and allow it to bubble up without truly boiling.