Comforting, delicious and most definitely an easy Homemade Hamburger Helper. Most of you already have these ingredients in your fridge and trust me it is far better than the one you get from the box in your grocery store.
My family loves this so much…
Well, to be honest, they love anything with pasta and cheese. That being said, it is no brainer that the skillet is licked clean each time I make this beef and cheese pasta.
Lately, I have been making this with gluten-free pasta and it is equally fantastic. I just feel so much better when I eat gluten-free meals on my cheat days. By the way, I am on a low carb diet. Well, it is not a diet because it became part of my lifestyle.
Anyhow, the taste of this yumminess is very comforting and it warms you up like a blanket, especially in the cold winter day. Also, it makes a perfect lunch or dinner as well as if you have any leftovers.
Just place in the airtight container and in the fridge. You can keep it for up to 3 days. You can also double the recipe if you have a large family or big eaters.
If you try Homemade Hamburger Helper recipe or any other from my website, please tag me on INSTAGRAM. @sandraseasycooking #sandraseasycooking Thank you so much in advance!
I am very grateful for all your love and support… Now, let’s get cooking!
Simple, easy and delicious dinner idea.
- 1 lb ground beef 20/80
- ½ tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz Mexican table cream
- 2 cups cooked shells or macaroni
- 1 cup pasta beef sauce, or any other on hand
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- a sprinkle of red hot chili flakes
- Cook pasta according to the pack, but make sure not to overcook it. It's the best if it is "al dente" (cooked to be firm to the bite).
- In a large skillet, add beef, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and parsley then stir very well.
- Cook over medium-high heat until beef is completely browned and done.
- Add in pasta sauce, mix then pour table cream, and bring to a gentle bubbling.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in cooked pasta. You can use any pasta that is similar to shells or macaroni. Gluten-free or vegetable pasta works well as well.
- Stir in about 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cover the skillet with a fitted lid and let sit for a couple of minutes before serving so the cheese could melt.
- Garnish with more dry parsley and red hot chili flakes if you wish.
I served it with steamed asparagus that after it's done, I seasoned it with a good pinch of sea salt, a drizzle of olive oil a good squeeze of lemon. It is absolutely perfect with this beef and cheese pasta or hamburger helper.
You can use a combination of shredded mild cheddar cheese and ragu cheese sauce or just ragu cheese sauce. Whatever you feel like using, or whatever you have in your fridge.
You may use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef. You may add vegetables such as blanched broccoli, or peas and carrots.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.