Homemade Biscuits are the best! I love whipping some on the weekends, or Friday night so we have them ready for our Saturday breakfast.
They are really easy, as you can see. My kids love them with Irish butter or sour cream/cream cheese. I call these biscuitsÂ simple pleasures in life.
Combine cheeseÂ + bacon and I am the happiest gal.
You can also store these in the ziplock bag, and keep in the fridge for a couple of days. Just reheat in the microwave when you need to eat.
I mean, they are so simple that you can double the recipe and just keep it for your weekly biscuit fix. Sometimes, if I have any, I’d just heat it and drizzle honey on top.
Mmm…. that feeling when you take the bite of savory and sweet. I can’t even. It just hits a spot with hot coffee or a tea.
Check my recipe for delicious HOMEMADE DINNER ROLLS
Bacon Cheddar Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1Â½ cup cold Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter diced
- Â½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Â½ cup Monterey Jack
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 4 strips cooked hickory smoked bacon sliced into small pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and stir to combine, then add buttermilk.
- Add cold cubed butter, cheddar cheese, and parsley, mix — reserve some cheese for the end topping, if desired.
- Cook bacon in the skillet, and add to the mixture, discard at least half of the bacon grease.
- Stir the mixture until everything comes together.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup pieces of dough and place them in the lined up baking pan with parchment paper. Repeat this for the remaining dough.
- Add a bit of shredded cheese on top, if desired.
- Place the baking pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, so the biscuits could chill before baking.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake until the biscuits are golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- When done, take it out of the oven and cover the baking pan with a kitchenÂ towel for about 10 minutes, and serve with butter or any spread that you like.
You can add chopped chives or even green onions. It gives you anotherÂ amazing flavor and aroma. Make sure to make a space between before baking. They will grow a bit. Use some of the bacon greases in the mixture. It gives you wonderfully moist biscuits. You can also fry this mixture, just by spooning the dough into the hot oil. Fry until the float on top and take out on the kitchen paper towels. If you do not eat bacon, please skip. You can use turkey bacon if you wish. They do not have to look perfect. Just add to look somewhat like a biscuit. They suppose to look homemade and rustic.