Vegetable Hummus Pizza Recipe
Easy, delicious, and perfect for lazy weekend nights!
Over the weekends I got to think of the recipes that I can make fast because my kids are home and all they ask is: “where is the food, ma?” Sometimes, I feel like they have a hole in their belly.
I guess it is just a part of growing up. Usually, I would make delicious slow-cooked meals during the work/school days, when the kids are in school and I can actually take my time cooking. Pizza is amazing during our family movie night or Sunday football. My family loved this one and already asked for more. Success!
I was asked if I want to try “HOPE” hummus, and I couldn’t wait to try it. My oldest son and I love hummus.
My daughter is slowly becoming a fan as well. We are still trying to convince my youngest one to try, so far no luck. The boy is really hard to negotiate. This is not a sponsored post, but I wanted to let you know how delicious this HOPE hummus was.
They have many flavors, and my Publix only carries these 5, which I absolutely adored. My favorite though was jalapeno-cilantro and Thia coconut curry, although original recipe, kale pesto, and spicy avocado were not bad at all, however, those two flavors that I really loved hit the spot in right places.
Vegetable Hummus Pizza
- 1 Pizza Crust 1 lbs
- 2 tablespoons Hope Jalapeno-Cilantro Hummus
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper diced
- 1/4 Red Onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 cup Fresh Broccoli Florets blanched
- 1/2 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella shredded
- Boil about 2 cups of water and drop in Broccoli florets for 20 seconds, then drain under cold water. Slightly dry them with kitchen paper towel.
- Dice all the vegetables, then heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add diced vegetables. Season with garlic and onion powder, herbs, and salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place stretched and rolled pizza dough. You may make the dough yourself, or get store-bought.
- Spread equally 2 tablespoons of hummus, then add shredded cheese, broccoli florets, and sauteed seasoned vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the crust begins to get a golden color, and the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve immediately!
Pizza Dough RECIPE You may pick any cheese that you wish, I just think this combo one works very well with pizza toppings. You may use frozen florets just make sure to pat dry so you don't end up with excess water, you can defrost it instead of blanching.