Zoodles with Shrimps & Tomatoes
Spiral zucchini noodles = ZOODLES
This meal was absolutely amazing, which my daughter calls it “
My kids loved it, my husband is over the moon, which is pretty crazy considering that he might be one person who could love pasta more than me.
Could it replace spaghetti? YES! Your mind is a magical thing if you just imagine you are eating pasta instead of zucchini.
If you would like to cut on the CARBS, especially pasta than this meal is for you.
I am doing this Whole30 – it is a way of eating to reset your body in 30 days, but there are rules what you can consume and what you can’t.
Watch a video and see how easy this meal is. If you can’t see the video bellow turn your adblock off.
Now, let’s go straight to this awesome meal.
Zoodles with Shrimps & Tomatoes
Low carb meals are amazing and flavorful as well. just like this delicious veggie pasta.
- 1 tbsp. Lemon infused Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 6 PER person Large Shrimps (precooked, or fresh /Organic)
- 1 teaspoon Organic NON-Dairy Butter/ Clarified butter /Ghee
- 1 cup Yellow and Red Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil chopped + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Onion or powder
- 1-2 Organic Zucchini 1 larger, or two smaller / approx. 339 g
- Heat the Wok, or a pan, then add 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and 2 minced garlic cloves. Saute for a minute. Don’t let it burn. Turn down the heat to medium (6 or 5).
- Add “defrosted” Shrimps (6 per person), organic (Precooked) Extra Large Shrimps OR ANY ON HAND. Shrimps are cooked after maybe 3-4 minutes. They will have deep orange-pink color.
- Add 1 cup Sliced Cherry Tomatoes and Freshly chopped basil. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes
- Season with Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder or granulated onion
- Add 1 tsp. Butter (nondairy/clarified butter), whatever works with your diet.
- Add Zoodles and toss to coat Season with Pinch of Himalayan salt (or any on hand). TURN OFF YOUR HEAT COMPLETELY. You don’t want to cook them, just coat the zoodles with the garlicky sauce/oil.
- Finish it with a squeeze of Lemon and toss one more time.
You can use any shrimps that you prefer; Frozen, precooked, fresh. I used these because I had them in my freezer. I just submerged them in cold water for 10 minutes to defrost, or until they are defrosted. Usually, in 15 minutes they should be defrosted. Drain, and pat dry with kitchen paper towel. If you are using fresh, make sure to clean and devein them. To peel, raw shrimp, start underneath, where their legs are attached. If you like, leave the last tail segment on for looks. Devein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine. (To butterfly, make the slit deeper.) The Wok that I am using is 100% Ceramic and comes from Xtrema Ceramic Cookware. It is a healthy, easy and delicious way of cooking, I went a bit fancy, so I used Lemon infused OLIVE OIL, please use whatever oil you have or use in general. Coconut Oil would work as well if you love the flavor, and of course, Olive oil is always amazing – health and taste wise. One more thing – Mushrooms are amazing with this dish. I didn’t have them at the moment but added them for dinner the other night, and it was fantastic. So, Add mushrooms if you have them or like them as much as I do.