Spiral Zucchini Noodles = ZOODLES
Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes absolutely amazing, which my daughter calls it “
My kids loved it, my husband is over the moon, which is pretty crazy considering that he might be one person who could love pasta more than me.
Could these replace spaghetti with zucchini noodles?
YES, if you like zucchini! With that being said, your mind is a magical thing. If you imagine you are eating pasta instead of zucchini.
If you would like to cut on the CARBS, especially pasta than this meal is for you. I really like it. I made it many times for my family.
We are just adding different toppings and serving differently.
I was doing Whole30. If you do not know what that is, well, it is a way of eating to reset your body in 30 days. There are rules what you can consume and what you can’t which is the whole point of resetting your body.
For example, you do not eat dairy and after 30 days you gradually start intaking it. So if your body reacts to it then you know you are sensitive to dairy.
Well, I was not doing well at all. I am not sensitive to anything, but I do believe that gluten, as well as dairy such as milk, is bothersome so I avoid it.
I have never noticed any rushes or major stomach pains, per se. However, I do get a minor upset stomach and I am doing mentally and physically so much better when I avoid it.
I switched to a Ketogenic diet and felt amazing. It was a lifestyle change for me. Almost instantly I felt better.
Just two weeks into it I slept without any problems, I stopped snoring, my skin got clear and my brain was fog-free. Also, I did not feel heaviness, or bloated and I was actually full of energy.
Okay! Now, let’s go straight to this awesome meal.
Watch a video and see how easy this meal is. If you can’t see the video bellow turn your adblock off.
If you make my amazing Zoodles with Shrimps and Tomatoes, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Tasty and easy meal for all seafood lovers who enjoy low carb clean meals.
- 1 tbsp. Lemon infused Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 6 PER person Large Shrimps (precooked, or fresh /Organic)
- 1 teaspoon Organic NON-Dairy Butter/ Clarified butter /Ghee
- 1 cup Yellow and Red Cherry Tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Basil chopped + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Granulated Onion or powder
- 1-2 Organic Zucchini 1 larger, or two smaller / approx. 339 g
- Heat the Wok, or a pan, then add 1 tbsp. Olive Oil and 2 minced garlic cloves. Saute for a minute. Don’t let it burn. Turn down the heat to medium (6 or 5).
- Add “defrosted” Shrimps (6 per person), organic (Precooked) Extra Large Shrimps OR ANY ON HAND. Shrimps are cooked after maybe 3-4 minutes. They will have deep orange-pink color.
- Add 1 cup Sliced Cherry Tomatoes and Freshly chopped basil. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes
- Season with Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder or granulated onion
- Add 1 tsp. Butter (nondairy/clarified butter), whatever works with your diet.
- Add Zoodles and toss to coat Season with Pinch of Himalayan salt (or any on hand). TURN OFF YOUR HEAT COMPLETELY. You don’t want to cook them, just coat the zoodles with the garlicky sauce/oil.
- Finish it with a squeeze of Lemon and toss one more time.
You can use any shrimps that you prefer; Frozen, precooked, fresh. I used these because I had them in my freezer. I just submerged them in cold water for 10 minutes to defrost, or until they are defrosted. Usually, in 15 minutes they should be defrosted.
Drain, and pat dry with kitchen paper towel. If you are using fresh, make sure to clean and devein them. To peel, raw shrimp, start underneath, where their legs are attached. If you like, leave the last tail segment on for looks. Devein by making a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black intestine. (To butterfly, make the slit deeper.)
The Wok that I am using is 100% Ceramic and comes from Xtrema Ceramic Cookware. It is a healthy, easy and delicious way of cooking, I went a bit fancy, so I used Lemon infused OLIVE OIL, please use whatever oil you have or use in general.
Coconut Oil would work as well if you love the flavor, and of course, Olive oil is always amazing – health and taste-wise. One more thing – Mushrooms are amazing with this dish. I didn’t have them at the moment but added them for dinner the other night, and it was fantastic. So, Add mushrooms if you have them or like them as much as I do.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.