Summer is coming, meaning that lighter meals will be more popular, just like these tasty Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps.
It is getting already humid over here in the music city, and I do not like it at all.
I like Spring, and Fall time and humidity is something that I cannot handle, period.
Now, if I had a nice beach next to my house instead of a community pool that is so crowded over summer my story would be more positive.
I am a swimmer, have been my whole life, literally. So having that pool is like nothing to me if I can’t relax, swim or play with my kids.
It gets so incredibly crowded, but hey, everyone is trying to cool off. Besides, there are always rivers and lakes, right?!
Back to food talk. I have been trying to eat more seafood and include fresh veggies on our weekly menu. It is working wonderfully. We are all more energetic.
Anyhow, we love shrimps. I do not make them too often. However, a couple of times a month with our pasta, zoodles (zucchini noodles).
Sometimes in sandwiches or taking a healthier road and serving them in the lettuce.
Also, if you never tried shrimp and grits you are missing out. Well, since doing low carb or ketogenic diet, I am trying to find substitutes such as cauliflower mash. I know it is not the same, but it tastes great.
I just love easy, healthy and fuzz-free meals? You can make them for parties, appetizers or as a salad topper. I mean possibilities are endless!
Well, I hope you like this recipe. If you make Cajun Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, please tag me on Instagram.
@sandraseasycooking so I can check out and share your delicious creations. Thank you so much for all your support.
- 2 lbs. Large Shrimps tiger shrimps, Louisiana shrimps, etc.
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- Cajun Seasoning to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Lettuce such as butterhead lettuce
- Sesame seeds
- Dry parsley
- Green onions
- Fresh Parsley
Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Wash, peel and devein shrimp.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of lime juice (you may sub it with lemon juice), then season it with Cajun Seasoning.
- Heat the skillet with one tablespoon of oil, and carefully add shrimps.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, remove from the skillet and set on the kitchen paper towel.
- Serve it with lettuce, and garnish it with sesame seeds, dry parsley, green onions and perhaps fresh parsley.
You may use chicken strips if you cannot eat shrimps. Equally delicious, but it takes just a bit more time to cook. You may use Store-bought Cajun seasoning.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Taylor Stainless Steel Analog Kitchen Scale, 11 Lb. Capacity
- Vacuum Sealer By NutriChef | Automatic Vacuum Air Sealing System For Food Preservation w/ Starter Kit | Compact Design | Lab Tested | Dry & Moist Food Modes | Led Indicator Lights (Silver)
- Mandoline Slicer Spiralizer Vegetable Slicer - 5 in 1 Veggie Slicer Mandoline Food Slicer with Julienne Grater - V Slicer Mandoline Cutter - Vegetable Cutter Zoodle Maker - Vegetable Spiralizer