Easy-Peasy dinner… Don’t you agree with me?!
Once in a while my meals, dinners, in particular, seem to look like this, one pot! Well, if I am being honest, it’s more often than you think. It’s only less demanding and just combines everything into one dish. My kids love it, and I am a very happy mama.
By the way, Happy Mother’s day! Like we need one day a year to celebrate it… We are moms 365 days, rain or shine, sick or healthy, we get up and start all over again.
I am blessed to be a mom of three amazing kids. No matter how hard parenthood sometimes is, we have a purpose in life, and that is to take care of them; comfort them, love them, and cherish every moment… Life is too short, and I trust that we ought to grasp and appreciate each minute and every phase and stage that the children go through.
I miss those days when they were babies, and sometimes I’d look through their old “baby” pictures and joyfully cry, but then I am looking at them now, and think: “God, I raise them wonderfully?! I am so fortunate, so blessed… ” – When I say “I” (AHEM) I mean “WE”.
Anyhow, dinner idea today. I hope you like it and try it. As I said, it’s easy-peasy… I make my own cheese sauce most of the time, but yeah! I need those shortcuts, especially on a busy day when I am feeling like I need to crawl into my bed… So, don’t judge. I think it tastes amazing!!!
OTHER PASTA RECIPES THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Spaghetti aglio e olio
- Spinach Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes
- Linguine with Sauteed Calamari
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Quick and Easy Spaghetti with Beef Sauce
Pasta, Cheese with Chicken and Peas
- 1 pack Fusilli /1 lbs. = 453g any pasta would work: rigatoni, rotini, macaroni, etc.
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Chicken Breast 2 pieces/10.6 oz in one
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 jar Cheese Ragu/16oz = 453g Double Cheddar Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Parsley
- Cook pasta according to pasta box. Season water with a generous amount of salt, let it boil and drop the pasta in. It's cooked when it is tender. Try not to overcook, so follow the pasta box instructions.
- In the skillet (10"skillet), add Olive Oil, and heat it.
- Wash and slice chicken crosswise, then into strips (or into bite size). Season the chicken with a pinch or two of sea salt, and ground black pepper. Drop seasoned chicken carefully into hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and allow the chicken to cook for a couple of minutes on each side, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Drop in drained cooked pasta, stir well, then add frozen slightly defrosted peas.
- Pour the cheese sauce in, then turn the heat to simmer, cover the skillet and let it cook under the lid for 2-3 minutes.
- Lastly, add dry parsley to garnish and serve.
You may use canned peas. Frozen peas, cook fast, and if you leave one cup on the countertop for 10 minutes they will get slightly defrosted and ready for the skillet. You can make your own cheese sauce, also you can add more shredded cheddar on top to melt before serving. You can add kale, spinach, carrots, etc. If you wish.