When it comes to delicious salads, most of the time I go with this one. It’s easy and satisfying, to say the least. Nonetheless, it’s healthy, and a great to eat it for dinner or before dinner, lunch, or perhaps in between meals.
My beautiful girl, Anna is similar to me in so many things that you can’t even imagine. I said that on many occasions, she is after all my mini-me. We love a good serving of mixed greens and this one is “one” of our top choices. We like our egg 5-6 minutes of boiling. The egg white is firm and yolk slightly runny, yet once in a while, I cook it somewhat more.
Also, when it comes to dressing, my favorite is as simple as this salad. Just by blending lemon juice, great quality olive oil, salt, and pepper are the ideal dressing for me.
I have two or three sweet fruits that I use depending what I have or crave, for example, pomegranate, or sauteed pineapple, strawberries that we see more often than not on the restaurant’s menu. It gives you just enough sweetness to balance the savory and a bit bitter taste of greens.
What is your favorite salad?
If you try it, please don’t be shy, share it with me and my readers. I would love to see what salad toppings you came up with. You can always tag me #sandraseasycooking on Instagram, tag me on Social Media @secooking or @sandraseasycooking or send me a pic at email@example.com
So for this salad let me write down what I used for 1 plate, my serving.
Mixed Greens Salad with Pineapple
- 1/2 cup cubed pineapple + 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 2 cups Mixed Greens baby spinach, baby bok choi, baby chard -you can use any mix that you have or prefer, even spring greens
- 1/4 Avocado almost ripe, but still holds its shape, sliced or cubed
- 1 -2 eggs boiled
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper small/diced
- Handful Croutons garlic flavor
- 1/2 Lemon juice ripe lemon, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Dry Parsley
- Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds
- PINEAPPLE: Heat the pan and let the butter melt over medium-high heat, add cubed pineapple (chunks) -read notes. Cook pineapple for 20-30 seconds on each side or until you start to get that caramelized brownish color. Take it out and set aside.
- DRESSING: Blend everything together in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add greens to the dressing and mix it until greens are coated with a dressing - you can add more lemon juice if you like it even more citrusy.
- EGGS: Boil water with 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Let the egg/s cook in a boiling water for 6-7 minutes, covered with medium soft. For hard-boiling egg 8 to 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, and usually, I let it stand in the hot water covered for a couple of minutes, then take out the hot water and replace it with cold water. You may place it in the other bowl because the pot will be hot. Let the eggs stand in the cold water for 5 minutes. Peel and set aside.
- Add mixed greens on the plate, and arrange all the ingredients however you desire.
- Garnish with a pinch of salt, dry parsley, and sesame seeds.
ou can use other fruits instead. I use the whole pineapple that I cube and placed in the containers, however, more than a few times I made it with canned pineapple and it was fine, a bit sweeter but fine. Instead of the Croutons, you may add walnuts or any type of nuts. You can add anything that you have or like. It can meet your diet standards, like I said if you don't eat croutons you can replace it with nuts, for that extra crunch, eggs for a meaty protein. It's really versatile.