You might hear it as a Kopi Cham, or simply as sweetened Yuanyang Coffee and Tea Latte. Whichever way you call it, it is with certainty a very delicious beverage.
Well, It appears after googling about Yuanyang Coffee and Tea Latte, that it got its name from beautiful Mandarin ducks called Yuan-yang.
It represents a symbol of conjugal love in Chinese culture, as the birds appear together. her, but the male and female look noticeably very different.
This same association of a “pair” of two different beverage blends is used to call this one as well. Aren’t those ducks adorable?
Anyhow, there are many countries that claimÂ that this inventionÂ is theirs, and all I know that it’s originatedÂ in Hong Kong. You would love this one since it is the best of both worlds.
Anyhow, I found on the AMAZON,Â Lipton Quality Mellow Hong Kong Style 3 in 1 Yuan Yang as well as Instant 3 in 1 YUAN YANG Mix. I have not tried this product, but if you would like to give it a try, do let me know how was it.
The brand that I used is not available any longer due to the company closing the store. They were making their own blends so it is really hard to recreate or find anything close to it here in the USA.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Watch my VIDEO on YOUTUBE
If you by any chance make this tasty Yuanyang Coffee and Tea Latte, please tag me on Instagram. @sandraseasycooking. Thank you so much in advance!
Easy and tasty Asian style beverage
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Yuanyang Blend
- 2 tbsp. HOT water
- 3/4 cup Milk hot
- Sweetener to taste I used Sugar-free Caramel syrup
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons/cup
- In a small bowl, place 1/1 to 1 tablespoon of Yuanyang Blend -it depends how strong you like.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of Hot water. Mix and let the blend dissolve in a couple of minutes.
- Measure 3/4 cup of milk and warm it up to an almost boiling point.
- Add sweetener of your choice, dissolved blend in a drinking cup, and then add milk, leaving at least 2 tablespoons in the other cup.
- Using hand frother, froth remaining milk until the bubbles are formed, then froth Milk and Yuanyang Blend for a few seconds just to combine.
- Add the rest of the milk and spoon frothed milk in and sprinkle a bit more of Yuanyang Blend on top for garnish if you desire. Mix and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.