Hello everyone… How is everyone doing? I hope that you’re on a holiday “happy” spirit.
We certainly are! With Stone Sour in my ears, I am ready to share a recipe for these delicious waffles with Y’all. One morning last week upon my waking, I could virtually taste the waffles. Maybe I was dreaming about them or something, can’t remember, but I have issues with cravings. When I crave it, I set out to make it.
See, I had this thought of making sweet potato waffles and there they are — I made 3 times before making a video with my boy, Daniel. He had an idea to add cocoa, and I am so happy that he suggested because it gave these waffles another level of flavor.
These waffles are sweet, delicious and perfect any time of day. We had them for dinner, too, with different spreads laying around the table. Isn’t breakfast for dinner the best idea? We do that often, actually. When it comes to waffles, I think the sky’s the limit. We can add so many amazing veggies to boost them up; Carrots, potatoes, beets, etc., or make them plain, chocolate, savory or sweet.
We are still doing kitchen adjustments and I really cannot wait until everything is done. If you are subscribed to my blog, you already know how it looks. I like sharing my thoughts and sometimes pictures that I don’t share here on my blog with my subscribers. Pretty soon, I will share it on my blog as well, so no worries! 🙂
Now, let’s get back to the recipe.
WATCH MY NEW QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL WITHA SPECIAL GUEST/HELPER!
Sweet Potato-Cocoa Waffles
Sweet Potato Cocoa Waffles
- 1 Large Sweet Potato medium size, peeled (2 cups shredded/about 450-500g)
- 2 eggs mixed
- 1 cup 140g All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 150g Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. 3.15g Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. 5.7g Salt
- 1 tsp. 5g Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp. 10.5g Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 Cup 310ml Milk
- 2 tbsp. Oil + more for greasing
- Peel and shred a sweet potato, you can use two smaller potatoes or 1 large.
- Mix lightly 2 eggs, and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients together; flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder. Mix it together, then add shredded sweet potatoes.
- Mix dry ingredients with sweet potato to coat, then add eggs, mix.
- Pour milk, first 1 cup, then add more as needed.
- Mix everything well to combine.
- Preheat waffle maker. Grease a waffle iron with a bit of oil each time you ladle a waffle batter.
- Using a ladle or a small cup, add the batter, close and wait until the light on the waffle maker tells you it's ready to take it out. Usually, a couple of minutes of wait time.
- Serve immediately with your favorite spread/syrup.