This past week was the toughest week that we had in a long time, to say the least. Maybe, because it was a Halloween week. I am very superstitious.
Anyhow, we learn to move on and continue with our lives. One thing that made my day was that I got a beautiful care package from one my follower.
It made me smile and a bit emotional. To even think that sometimes people that you never met in your life could brighten your day, and make it so much better.
My hubs, Nebs is like that. When I am feeling down, he disappears and then brings my favorite treats to
So, before the weekend, my Nebs went to get groceries with the kids and brought home over 10 packs of mushrooms. Different kinds of mushrooms
He was like “What? Mushrooms are healthy?”
Don’t get me wrong, I love mushrooms, and if you have not h
Anyhow, I have been making each day something with them, and I think I might freeze a few packs because to be quite frank, even I can get tired of eating them
One of the dishes that I made was this mushroom frittata. It
Seriously, if you do not have pancetta, Italian bacon made of pork belly, use hickory smoked bacon or turkey bacon, smoked ham, etc.
If you do not eat pork at all, then maybe you can substitute it with grilled chicken, of
WATCH A VIDEO HOW TO MAKE THIS SIMPLE MUSHROOM FRITTATA.If you like my video please give a thumbs up on youtube. THANK YOU!!!
- 1 tbsp. Oil or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Italian Pancetta cubed into small cubes (about 100g)
- 1 lbs. 453g. Baby Bella mushrooms, or any other/sliced
- 2-3 Green onions sliced (reserve a bit for the green part for garnish)
- 2-3 Stems of Fresh Thyme remove leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon or dry. + more for garnish.
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Chili Flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 125ml Low fat Milk
- Salt and Flakes Pinch
- 1/2 cup 118g grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a skillet, until almost smoking point. Add oil.
- Then, add Pancetta. Saute for a few seconds, and add sliced mushrooms.
- Add sliced scallions (green onions), Stir. /Reserve some green part of scallions for garnish.
- Add salt and crushed chili flakes, following fresh or dry thyme.
- Allow mushrooms to cook for about 10-12 minutes on medium-low heat.
- While mushrooms are cooking, mix eggs until they are combined, then pour milk, a pinch of salt, red chili flakes, and Parmesan cheese. Mix the egg miniature with all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms, and let it cook for a couple of minutes on the stove top.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400F/200C/ Gas Mark 6.
- Place frittata skillet in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the frittata is golden and starts to puff up.
- Garnish mushroom frittata with those reserved green parts of scallions. Serve immediately!
Dry herbs are always more powerful, so I double or even triple the amount when I use fresh, You can use cheese on tops such as mozzarella, provolone, pizza cheese combo or even Mexican cheese.
Melting cheeses. It always tastes better with some cheese on top. Keep an eye when it is baking. No need to open up the oven, just turn on the lights and peek through. It should be done between 15 and 18 minutes. It will puff up. I like mine to be deeper golden color rather than pale, so just bake depending how you like it.