Sitting in my living room, and sipping on my first cup of freshly brewed coffee one early morning, I had cravings for roasted cauliflower
It is nothing unusual for my cravings to start working early. Even though I am genuinely a poor breakfast eater. Coffee and maybe a pastry that is about it for me on the most mornings. However, that morning was different. I was craving this. My thoughts were running wild.
Building a recipe fast and furious in my head before lunchtime starts. What could I combine it with? Of course, the roasted chicken came to mind. Which
The simplicity of this dish is absolutely amazing, but the complex combination that brings you sour with a hint of spiciness, along with savory smooth taste
Guacamole over Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head Cauliflower fresh/medium size,
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Sea salt pinch
- 1 Avocado peeled/pitted
- 6 cloves Garlic roasted and peeled
- Lemon Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Pepper powder more if desired
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Salt to taste 1/4 tsp.
- Fresh Mint 1 sprig/6-8 leaf, or more + for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash cauliflower, then separate cauliflower into medium flower buds (it’s alright if some are smaller than the other). Toss the flower buds with the few pinches of sea salt (or any on hand) and olive oil (add garlic cloves to roast too), Roast for 30-35 minutes. After roasting, transfer the cauliflower buds on the kitchen paper towel to absorb extra moisture. Set aside.
- While cauliflower is cooling a bit (10 minutes), start with the Guacamole. Wash, open, and pit the avocado. You can use more than one, but ultimately one should be enough. Add all the ingredients, and peel roasted garlic cloves. Roughly chop garlic into smaller pieces before mashing them with the avocado. Season it with salt to taste. I had to add more than a few pinches until it reached my desirable taste. If you like guacamole smooth, then place everything in the food processor, and for a chunky version just mashes with a masher or a fork.
- You can mix guacamole gently with the roasted cauliflower, or serve it on the side, spooning it over the cauliflower when you serve it.
- Garnish with extra mint, and lemon slices/wedges.
Did you know that you can make an amazing pasta dish just by combining guacamole and pasta, adding shrimp or chicken to the mix is another level of deliciousness?! Recipe: Spaghetti in Avocado Sauce and Shrimps If you like more char look on your cauliflower, let it cook/roast for up to 45 minutes.