I was debating with myself, as I usually do, should I post one more smoothie and add it to the collection or a burger.
Well, of course, burger won; my sinful, delicious, and juicy Burger with Caramelized Onions
Yes, you are allowed to drool. The took only a few shots because my hunger struck like a lightning in the middle of the summer. I had to move fast, otherwise, I would not guarantee anyone’s safety around me at that moment.
Spring break is here, my boy is back from his band trip and all three are home for the next 2 weeks.
My stress level is… Alright, for now! I’ve been making their favorite meals, I listen to their stories, we are having fun so far. I sing as loud as I can to keep them out of my office when I am working… And it is working!
I have been MIA from social media for a couple of days, but that’s because I am spending so much time with the kids and surprisingly, I am going to sleep earlier than midnight. I am only trying!
You see, I am a night owl, and a zombie when I wake up in the morning. In all seriousness, I need to train myself to sleep longer than 4 hours in one piece, which again is incredibly hard.
I took my time last week and updated my about page and a few older posts, made a gazillion pictures, which I did not share yet, but overall I have enjoyed my social media free time.
- BURGER MIXTURE:
- 1 Pounds (16 ounces/453g) Ground Angus Beef/80% lean-20% Fat
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, minced or shredded
- 2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste, approximately 1/2-1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg, mixed
- 1 tablespoon Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- TOPPING OPTION:
- Easy Caramelized Onions (links below)
- Sliced Cheese
- Crispy Bacon
- Kosher Dill Pickles
- Lettuce, Tomatoes
- Ketchup, Mustard. Mayo
- In a medium sized bowl combine first baking soda, egg and bread crumbs and mix well. Then add to the rest of the burger ingredients for the burger, mix with your hands to incorporate (use gloves if you do not like to touch the meat).
- Cover with the wrap and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but the best taste is if you leave the meat to marinate for about 8 hours. Make sure it is completely covered and in the fridge.
- Take fist size meatball and make patties. Cover and put on the side until ready for grilling, you can also pan fry them or use an indoor grill.
- Preheat the grill, outdoor or indoor and pour about 1/2 tablespoon of Oil in the plate and dip your fingers into it, take each patty and pat with your oily fingers before placing it on the grill.
- Grill on both sides according to your preferences, approximately 3-5 minutes per side, depending on how big your patties are.
- Last, but not least build your burger, however you like and prefer.
- How to make tasty and easy Caramelized Onions Click here for the Alton Brown’s recipe microwave style and more traditional way of making them.
- The burger/meat mixture is my own recipe and I have been using it for many years.
- Add whatever you wish in your burger.
- Baking Soda helps tenderize the meat and keep them juice. You do not have to add them, but this is my method that I have been using for years.
- 3 x No.1 Set: The No.1 Silicone BBQ /Cooking Gloves Plus The No.1 Meat Shredder Plus No.1 Silicone Baster PLUS eBooks w/ 344 Recipes. Superior Value Premium Set. 100% $ Back (Plastic)
- Z GRILLS ZPG-700D 2018 Upgrade Wood Pellet Smoker, 8 in 1 BBQ Auto Temperature Control, 700 sq inch Cooking Area, Bronze and Black
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.