What’s for dinner? How about delicious Italian Style Sloppy Joes? It is a melt in your mouth, an irresistible sandwich that my family devoured it without talking or complaining. All you could hear was “mmm… nom… Mmm”.
I added corn and peas in the meat mixture and it was totally my kind of Sloppy Joes. I have tough judges in my house, so if they say it was good, that means it was really good.
Recipes on BMHAH have a great selection of recipes that can be easily made in 30 minutes or less. I made several quick ones that my family loved
This is Sponsored post by Lunchbox, all opinions are 100
Italian Style Sloppy Joes
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2-1 cup Green Giant Frozen Corn defrost
- 1/2-1 cup Green Giant frozen Peas defrost
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups Traditional Italian Sauce or Prego Roasted Garlic & Herb Italian Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Ketchup
- Few Pinches Dry Basil
- 6 Pepperidge Farm Sesame Topped Hamburger Buns split and toasted
- In the skillet, add oil and saute chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add defrosted corn and peas with sauteed onion and garlic, cook for a few more minutes and transfer to a clean plate/bowl.
- Add the beef in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour/spoon out the fat.
- Add back in the skillet onion, garlic, corn, and peas and mix it together with cooked ground beef. Stir the Italian sauce and ketchup and cook until the mixture is bubbling. Sprinkle pinch or two of dry basil, and stir. Evenly divide the beef mixture among the buns/rolls.
Corn and Peas are optionally added, but it’s worth it. You can also add (drained) canned corn and peas. For less fat and/or calories you can use ground chicken or turkey. If you have leftover pasta or rice, this is perfect to top it with.