Chocolate bark is Holiday classic treats. I hope you agree with me?! Using simple ingredients we can turn it into the perfect gift for your friend, boss, teacher or even just to serve it to your guests.
The kids waited patiently enough, and not opening the fridge 30 times to check if chocolate is sett. Only about 15 times. I know!
Okay let me be more honest here, they were getting up in rotation every few minutes. I do not blame them because these are so good and truth to be told worth the wait.
When I say almond bark is good, I mean damn good! Sweet, with a hint of savory and crunchy. Do not ask for anything better! Well, next time I am so throwing in pretzels.
I wanted to pack these for my son’s teacher, but before I could turn they were all gone. It is one of those treats that every time you walk by them, you gotta take at least one… You are warned just so you know!
Marbled Chocolate Almond Bark with Sea Salt
Makes: 1- 6×10 inch bark |
- 2 ounces white almond chocolate
- 1-1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate about 2-3 tbsp.
- 5.5 ounces 156g Almonds
- 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- Heavy Whipped cream* notes
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler OR a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring (like I did) Add a splash of heavy whipped cream if it’s not getting smooth and not thinning.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking mat, then when white chocolate is melted spoon over almonds. Using spatula work around almonds until covered completely.
- Now, melt dark chocolate in a double boiler OR a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring. Add a splash of heavy whipped cream if it is not getting smooth and not thinning.
- Drizzle over the white chocolate with a fork or similar, then just swirl with fork or toothpick.
- Sprinkle sea salt evenly on top, and refrigerate until firm, about 45-50 minutes. Peel off parchment, and break bark into pieces.
You can make a Dark chocolate base and white swirls. White Almond bark chocolate you can find in baking aisles, but you can use any type. Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate chips work wonderfully. You can use Bittersweet chocolate or any that you prefer. Ghirardelli Chocolate Semisweet Chocolate Baking Chips also great! Use mixed nuts, or pretzels or roasted (salted) almond for a great balance of flavor between sweet and savory. Roasted Almonds are perfect for this. I made it a few more times with different chocolates and noticed that some are not working as should so I added heavy whipped cream to make it smooth and thinner. It was much better and easier to spread!