School is around the corner and I already started with school lunch box preparations. We had a great Bento party the other day.
Well, when I look the other way it was my working day, while I finished cooking and shooting my kids and nieces ate all my made bentos.
It was fun watching them and they especially loved pandas as well as chicken salad sandwiches. Every time when I make characters in a bento, it is a winner because not only that kids eat the main meal, but all the fresh fruits and veggies around it, which is fantastic.
This bento is great! You can of course switch and make it the way your kids like, but even for work lunch I think this is a pretty good idea; you can make it larger if it’s for the adult.
Now, I used deli turkey bologna, because that’s what my kids wanted, but often I use Virginia ham, mesquite deli chicken, or deli smoked turkey breast and just switch cheeses such as mozzarella, smoked provolone, cheddar or Swiss cheese etc.
Depending on what I have or what cold deli salami I used.
Fruits and vegetables you can also use what is in season and of course what your kids like. I think broccoli, celery, and carrots are pretty common veggies that they know and would eat raw.
Green apple with a Peanut – Butter is fantastic, although make sure to check if anybody around your kid in the classroom had PB allergies, and you can easily substitute it with almond butter, or pecan butter etc. Also, I never tried it, but you can check “NoNuts Golden Peabutter”
It’s Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free.
Q: What Box is safe for me and my child?
A: Look for the boxes that have a clear written label that they are BPA FREE just in case if they are plastic-
BPA stands for bisphenol. BPA is an industrial chemical that has been used to make certain plastics and resins since the 1960s. Seeking out BPA-free products may not always be easy to do. Some manufacturers do label their products as BPA-free, but some do not. If a product isn’t labeled, keep in mind that most aluminum cans or bottles have linings that contain BPA, while steel bottles or can do not. Polycarbonate plastic is generally hard, clear, lightweight plastic. It often has the No. 7 recycling symbol on the bottom. (Source Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L. D. From Mayo-clinic)
HOW TO MAKE HEART SHAPED BOIL EGG:
- Use corner of any carton such as a box, milk carton etc.
- Cook egg for 5 minutes in boiling water with 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Turn off the burner, and let it steam under the lid for the next 7 minutes.
- Drain the hot water and replace with cold/iced cold water. Let it sit in that water for next 3-5 minutes before peeling. (This way it’s easier to peel an egg)
- Place peeled eggs into the carton with the corner (lengthwise), right in the middle.
- Place in the middle chopstick, thicker straw or similar and slightly press and shape an egg a little… Just a slight pressure. I used a plastic straw.
- Place rubber bands on both ends and wait for 10-15 minutes. (NO need for the third rubber band)
- Cut in the middle and you will have a perfect heart shaped egg.
Lunch Box: Biscuit Deli Turkey Sandwiches
- 1 Biscuit
- 2 Sliced Deli Turkey Bologna or any other
- 1 slice Cheddar Cheese
- 1 boiled Egg
- 3 Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Rib Celery cut in two bites pieces
- 3 baby Carrots
- Served with “classic ranch dressing -Bolthouse”
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- Served with Peanut-butter and nuts any nuts will do
Add and arrange however you would like it. Put Turkey and cheese in the bisque and slice in half. Any direction you take, you can’t go wrong.
FOR MORE LUNCH BOX IDEAS, VISIT MY PAGE: