Spicy Tuna Salad
When I looked through my kitchen window this morning as coffee was dripping down in my mug, I thought it’s going to rain. Gray clouds surrender the sky and it was rather dark but pretty enjoyable to just sit and look at the birds flying around, and making beautiful noises. I usually go outside with my cup of Joe and it was comfortable and very peaceful morning, even with only few hours of sleep that I had.
Smell and taste of coffee, and morning crisp air always wakes me up and gives that feeling of calmness; I connect with my thoughts, plan my day, go over schedule and write down some things that are on my mind. I love to write even though I am not very good at it, but I try. It’s almost the same as if you give me a microphone and I start to sing!(LOL)
Then the sun just came out…out of nowhere! Le sigh!…I wanted a rain!!!It was kind of day made for a rain…If you didn’t notice before I really love rainy days! I love just to listen and relax while it’s pouring outside, Yiruma radio on Pandora is usually in the background, a book in my hands and of course coffee or a cup of tea is right next to me…I would say that’s my perfect morning, or evening.
Summer is coming…something that I am NOT looking forward to; for the starter my hair is always messy, humidity is choking me and let’t not to forgot it’s freaking swimming-suit season, and on top of all MY kids are home 24/7. I am taking a deeeeeep breath of fresh air!!!! One good thing though, I can sleep longer and I don’t have to be a cab driver to my kids.
When I have really crazy busy day I make this Tuna salad. It’s quick fix, and my kiddos like it, at least my oldest two. Do I really call it a recipe? Well, NEH! But today, I will call it “the crazy easy short-cut meal”…we all do it, right? Precooked chicken? Takeouts? Leftovers?…What ever saves me a time man, I am all over it!
From time to time I add some cooked beans in it…very good combo with tuna.
What is your #1 short-cut meal? Would really love to know…
Spicy Tuna Salad
Serves 1-2 | Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 pk (2.5 oz pouch) Tuna StarKist (read notes)
- 1 tbsp. Relish (or something pickled)
- 1 tbsp. Light Mayo (or any that you prefer)
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1/2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Salt to taste, if needed
- Pita Bread
- Asian Coleslaw (fresh)
- Other fresh vegetables
- Place Tuna in the bowl and mix with relish, mayo, sriracha and lemon juice (and sugar if relish is not sweet). Mix well and taste to see if salt is needed.
- Preheat for about 10 second pita bread. Place tuna salad in the bread, add Asian Coleslaw on top.
- You may add other toppings, if desired.
- I love tuna, and I love to dress it up especially with I just wrote in the ingredient list. However I don’t like buying those canned ones. One of my personal favorites are from Starkist tuna from pouch. Now you have so many options and you can already get spicy, or lemon flavored tuna etc. but to tell you honestly I like it plain and I add what I like.
- Replace sriracha with gochujang (Korean chili pepper paste), and you get a perfect taste!
- if the RELISH is not sweet add sprinkle of sugar to balance the spiciness if it’s sweet then omit sugar.