When I looked through my kitchen window this morning as coffee was dripping down in my mug, I thought it’s going to rain.
Gray clouds surrender the sky and it was rather dark but pretty enjoyable to just sit and look at the birds flying around and making beautiful noises.
Smell and taste of coffee and morning crisp air always wakes me up and gives that feeling of calmness; I connect with my thoughts, plan my day, go over schedule and write down some things that are on my mind
It was kind of day made for rain. If you didn’t notice before I really love rainy days! I love just to listen and relax while it’s pouring outside, Yiruma radio on Pandora is usually in the background, a book in my hands and of course coffee or a cup of tea is right next to me. I would say that is my perfect morning or evening.
When I have a really crazy busy day I make this Tuna salad. It is a quick fix, and my kiddos like it, at least my oldest two. Do I really call it a recipe? Well, nah! But, today, I will call it “the crazy easy short-cut meal”…we all do it, right? Precooked chicken? Takeouts? Leftovers?
Whatever saves me a time man, I am all over it! From time to time I add some cooked beans in it…very good combo with tuna
What is your #1 short-cut meal? I would really love to know…
Spicy Tuna Salad
- 3, 2.5 oz pouch Tuna StarKist
- 4 baby Pickles diced
- 2 tablespoons Onion chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Mayo or any that you prefer
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Salt to taste if needed
Serve it with:
- Pita Bread or Lettuce
- Asian Coleslaw fresh
- Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette or similar
- Place Tuna in the bowl and mix with relish, avocado mayo, sriracha, and lemon juice. Mix well and taste to see if salt is needed.
- Add Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette on top of the Asian Coleslaw and toss it to coat it. Add as much as you wish to please your taste,.
- Preheat for about 10-second pita bread. Place tuna salad in the bread, add Asian Coleslaw on top. you may wrap it in the Low carb tortillas of Lettuce Wraps.
You may add other toppings if desired.
I love tuna, and I love to dress it up especially with I just wrote in the ingredient list. One of my personal favorites is from Starkist tuna from a pouch.
Now you have so many options and you can already get spicy, or lemon flavored tuna etc. but to tell you honestly I like it plain and I add what I like.