IT’S FRIDAY!!!! YES! This week was HELLA tough… so much work, plus the weather is not the most loving. It is warm and nice, but dark clouds know how to spoil a very bright day.
I love Rain, but I most certainly do not like gloomy mornings. I feel like 10 more minutes of sleep would be really appreciated
Since the grilling season is coming as well as outdoor gatherings, I thought to start with delicious grilled recipes. What do you guys say?! Huh? Shall we start
This wrap was absolutely amazing! If you can imagine Mesquite flavor from the chicken, some salsa, melted cheese and drizzle of my delcious sauce. Oh, Man! This is one good wrap.
I devour this while the kids were in school. I know, pretty selfish of me, but I could not resist it, plus my excuse was It would totally get soggy if it is not eaten within 2 hours. We do not want to waste food, right
Mesquite Chicken Wrap
- 3-5 oz 76g-150g Chicken Breast More for extra servings
- 2 Hickory Smoked Crispy Bacon optional if you do not eat
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1.5 tsp. Mesquite Seasoning McCormick Grill Mates
- 1 Large Tortilla or Wrap low carb if you prefer
- 1 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese or any other that you prefer
- 1/4 cup Mixed Greens any greens would do
- 3 tablespoons Salsa
Salsa- 2 cups
- 1/4 Onion yellow or red, chopped
- 1 pound fresh ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño or to taste, minced, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or use parsley as a sub
- 2 teaspoons fresh Lime or Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon Avocado oil or Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Ripe Avocado pureed
- Cut Chicken in strips, oil all over and rub the Mesquite seasoning on the chicken breast. Place on the preheated grill (or you can pan fry it, just add a bit of oil in the pan). Cook on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side, depending on how thick strips are.
- Once the chicken is done, set aside and start dicing salsa. Try to keep everything the same size, and leftover salsa could be placed in the container and in the fridge.
Combine everything for the sauce and mix until smooth. You may use back or the fork or a spoon to smash the avocado. This can also serve as a dip.
- If you are using a grill, place tortilla on the grill, add cheese and chicken, let the cheese completely melt, few minutes. You may use a Microwave or preheated oven.
- Add salsa on top, drizzle with a special sauce to your preference Wrap it up and enjoy!
You can use whatever type of salsa you like! This is my standard that I enjoy with many meals, and dressing is my basic dressing and a personal favorite!
When cooking chicken, the internal temperature should be between 165F-170F This also could be added in Pita Bread or Italian Bread type of bread. Refrigerate leftover salsa.
Salsa and Sauce serve more than one. Make more chicken or extra servings.
Unused salsa and sauce should be refrigerated.