I enjoy making crepes and feeding my family at least one time a week. These amazing savory crepes with mushrooms and scallions are apsolutley divine.
Also, I love cooking with my kids. Most of the time on Sunday morning I just adore a few moments with my oldest one in the kitchen. So, we decided to make these savory crepes.
Do you like mushrooms? Seriously, I could eat them with every meal. However, if you mix mushrooms and scallions, the taste is so amazingly unique. With that being said, I feel like it was a perfect combination when I add them in my savory crepes.
When he was 3 years old he could make all kinds of sandwiches and make us all hot cocoa. 2 years later, at the sage of 5, scrambled eggs and sausages, and now with almost 13 years in his pocket, he can make all kinds of dishes.
That boy was fully potty trained at only 10 months and started walking at the same time. I call him an extraordinary child. I am just so
After breakfast and while I was preparing lunch, my hubster took kids out and they were making fire and shelter out of the recently cut plant leaves, which were pretty large.
I call it Elephant ears, haha. My hubby was showing them some survival stuff from how to make fire, traps to cooking
So, I gave them all some butternut squash and instant ramen soup. I was not that original, but I was being creative since it was almost time for
Ah! Boys will be boys… At least they are learning something other than how to play Minecraft.
Plus, spending outdoors and away from the Tv or Computer is always beneficial in my opinion. I even looked into a more deeper benefit, which was ” mama had some time to really enjoy cooking in peace and quiet!” 😀
Lately, I have been cooking more vegetarian meals and usually, I do make on the side few slices of meat or fish because my carnivores cannot live without it
I am more of a savory kind of breakfast person, and I absolutely love, love combination of mushrooms and scallions. Roll it or fold it in the hot crepe, sprinkle with some cheese and I am all over it.
I started making this breakfast over 10 years ago, but I know it might not be your cup of tea; however, you can use whatever you like.
This Sunday was very relaxing and there was no other place that I would rather be than in my home with people that I love the most. How did you spend your weekend?
Easy and delicious savory crepes with a simple filling.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 Cups Milk, more if needed
- Oil for greasing the pan
- Filling per person:
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 3 Mushrooms
- 2 Scallions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Scallions or chives, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Then whisk the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale, pour in 2 cups of the milk; whisk until well combined. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk until a thinner consistency is achieved.
- Heat an 8-inch crepe pan, or pan that you use for making crepes. Brush oil (or slowly poor few drops) on the surface of the pan and let it get sizzling hot. Ladle batter onto the middle of the crepe pan and immediately start swirling the pan to distribute the batter over the surface. Cook for 45 to 50 seconds or until lightly golden brown. Flip over and cook the other side for 20 seconds. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and chop the scallions. In the pan put oil and don’t let it burn just lightly heated before you add mushrooms and chopped scallions. Saute for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add it in the middle of the crepes and fold. Garnish with some extra chopped scallions or chives and Parmesan if you desire.
You may use any mushrooms that you have. I use baby bella mushrooms!
- I don’t use butter to grease my pan, always used regular oil. And you can use any that you have.