With Parmesan-Garlic Croutons Recipe.
Is there anything better in the Fall time than wrapping your hands around a nice bowl of soup, especially with freshly made crunchy Parmesan garlic baked croutons?
I love this time of the year just because of that reason. Unfortunately, other than falling leaves and a few days of rain there is not much of Autumn weather around here. The nights are cozy and crisp and perfect for this kind of soup.
So, this season as well as upcoming winter, I will share a handful of delicious soup recipes. Are you with me on that one?
For this Tomato Soup, I had more than a few taste testers, and everybody had a chance to try and tell me their own opinions.
My kids tried it and my Anna loved it. However, my boys are running far away from even tasting it. They just do not like tomatoes at all.
However the majority of my taste testers really loved it, so I am sharing this simple homemade recipe with all of you.
If you ask me, I love tomatoes and could eat organic from my neighbor’s garden like an apple.
I absolutely love my neighbor’s tomatoes and I only wish that next summer mine come out like from his garden.
The only tomatoes that I don’t like are when it’s cooked and you leave it chunky.
There is no way that I would eat it, that goes for onions, too. I really love eating it, but I can’t stand seeing floating in my soup or stew.
Easy and tasty Roasted Tomato Soup with Parmesan-Garlic Croutons recipe or you may use my recipe for GF Potato Savory Waffles.
- 2 lbs Roma Tomatoes halved/stem and ends removed
- 1 medium onion peeled/halved
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary fresh
- 1 Sprigs Thyme fresh
- 4 cups Vegetable stock/or chicken
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce/no sodium
- 1 tbsp. Tomato paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan-Garlic Croutons:
- 2 cups Whole Wheat toast/bread cubed
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbs. Parmesan Cheese Or vegan Parmesan-style Cheese
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large baking sheet, toss halved tomatoes, halved onion, garlic, fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil. Spread the vegetables evenly and into a single layer, putting tomatoes cut side up. Roast them for about 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until everything is soft.
- To make croutons, reduce the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and toss the cubed bread on the baking pan/sheet, seasoning it with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, take out, sprinkle with the cheese, return in the oven and bake for next 5 minutes.
- Finish the soup while croutons are baking. In several batches in a blender, food processor, or use hand blender; puree the vegetables adding stock little bits at the time. Put the pureed vegetables in the large saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- Add Tomato Sauce and tomato paste, season to taste with salt and pepper and turn down the heat on low. Simmer for 15 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Serve hot and garnish with croutons and perhaps some more herbs or chopped scallions.
I believe any tomatoes would do for this soup, and the juicier the better-my opinion! Toast bread for croutons or sour bread, cubed would work perfectly too.
Tomato paste and tomato puree are two different things. Tomato purée is a thick liquid made by cooking and straining tomatoes. The difference between tomato paste, tomato purée, and tomato sauce is consistency; tomato puree has a thicker consistency and a deeper flavour than sauce. The definitions of tomato purée vary from country to country.
Besides these amazing Croutons, you may serve this soup with my easy and tasty savoury potato waffles. They go so well with soups like this one.
- Thick Bamboo Wood Cutting Board/Kitchen Butcher Block - Heavy Duty Chopping Board With Juice Grooves and Handles. Best for Carving Meat, Fish and Chicken | Perfect Housewarming Gift
- KitchenAid KHB2351CU 3-Speed Hand Blender - Contour Silver
- Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor, White
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.