I abandoned the whole #LunchBox series, but I have good explanation. We came up with great new recipes and I was left at home while kids were at school to try them all. Well, some of them didn’t quite work- not because they weren’t delicious and nutritious but ’cause they only tasted good if you eat it right away. I am trying to make similar recipes that my kids like and let the lunch stay in the box for a few hours without getting soggy or unappealing…it’s fun part to test recipes, but it does takes time.
Please do look the labels on hot dogs that you buy, and pick one with not only less calories but also less fat and sodium. I am suggesting compare few different brands and see, even the taste is different when the hot dogs are less salty.
I know kids love wieners and I try to limit to maybe once a week but ones that I pick have lower amount of all three(fat, cal, sodium)
- 1 Tortilla
- 1/2 tsp. Cream Cheese
- 1 handful Shredded cheese, I used cheddar and mozzarella mix
- 1-2 Boiled hot dogs, hot
- Boil hot dogs for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the cheese on the tortilla- especially close to edges and sprinkle in the middle from one end to the other shredded cheese.
- Dry boiled hot dog with paper towel and place on top of the cheese and in the middle. It may take 2 hot-dogs if the tortilla is large. This will melt the cheese.
- Roll and cut into wheels if you desire.
- 2 cups Kale, fresh
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Sprinkle of Sea salt
- 1 tsp. or more Lemon or Lime juice
- In a bowl put Kale and wash, then dry a bit with kitchen paper towel.
- Add olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven on 375F and bake for 5-7 minutes, depending on your oven, be close by to check.
- Take it out of the oven, and put on the paper towel and let it cool down for few minutes before eating or saving it for a lunch box.
- Handle it with the care because they can break easily.
- When cooled down, you may put them in the Ziploc bag or container(I would suggest container).
- Celery and Cherry tomatoes with Low fat ranch dressing
- 2 chocolate cake donuts
- Lemon, Blueberry and Raspberry juice (homemade)
Sandra’s Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.