This week I was asked to make a wacky grilled recipe using Mazola Corn Oil and I was thinking hard on this one, but everything I tried making was not wacky enough.
It sounded unique, but delicious and at the same time wacky. I never had grilled watermelon, so I was a little bit skeptical about the whole thing
Honestly I am not a big fan of grilled fruits; however, since we’re being honest here, grilled watermelon did add balance, spiciness, sweetness, and juiciness to the salad
This is my last post with Mazola Corn Oil but before the recipe. I could not be more happy to be sponsored by my partners, Mazola.
Mazola Corn Cooking Oils is made of 100% pure oil with no additives, so the great flavor of your food comes through.
It is cholesterol free and has become a healthful tradition in American cooking. Mazola Corn Oil also has the cholesterol-blocking power of plant sterols.
- 1/2 package Weber Chipotle Marinade Mix
- 1/8 cup Oil
- 1/2 medium watermelon, 2-inch slices cut into triangles
- Green Salad
- English Cucumber
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A drizzle of Oil
- Toasted Croutons
- Prepare chipotle marinade mix according to directions.
- Coat all watermelon slices on each side with marinade; discard any remaining marinade.
- Coat grill surface with corn oil. Preheat grill to its highest setting or to 500°F. Grill each side for about 5 minutes or until there is a nice slightly brown color with noticeable grill marks.
- Toss the salad with vegetables and season it with salt and pepper. Squeeze juice from fresh lemon and drizzle with a bit more Oil.
- Cut the watermelon in cubes and croutons and add it to the salad.
You can use any vegetables that you desire and build the salad to your preferences.