Spring break is coming up soon…are you going anywhere
I wish that I can just pack my bags and travel the world. However, when kids arrive in our life, some things such as traveling are just not possible all the time.
I travel through the world with the food that I cook. Well, I know, it is really not even close to a real trip but hey I will take it!
I connect with food very well, indeed. Dieting and losing weight not so much. I simply cannot say “no” to many of my favorite dishes.
Now that I think about it everything is my favorite! This time I updated my old recipe, recreated just like I redesigned my blog as you can see.
It is Korean cuisine inspired— I have to feel that you are not shocked! I do add gochujang in most of my dishes, or better said in my plate
My lovely husband is not a huge fan of spicy food, do not get me wrong he can eat spicily but not overly like me, so I do make extremely spicy portion just for myself.
This is a great marinade for shrimps or any meat instead of the shrimps. You can sear either on the grill or in the pan like I did until it forms a nice caramelized crust
It is so good, and not even that hot, so that’s why I added in the pan more gochujang and brushed these beauties with the glaze which is of course optional. It was so lip-smacking delicious. Sweet, spicy, garlicky… mmm that good!
- ½ -1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 pounds Shrimps, peeled
- ½ cup Soy Sauce
- Juice from ½ Lemon
- ½ tbsp. Sugar
- 2 scallions minced + 1 for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. Ginger, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. Sesame Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp. Marinade
- 2 Tbsp. Gochujang (Korean Red Hot Chili Paste)
- ½ tbsp. honey
- Onions, chopped
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Combine all the ingredients for marinade and set aside.
- In a large plastic bag for storage, a place already cleaned shrimps, pour the marinade in the bag, shake few times and let the shrimps’ marinade for 15-20 minutes. (same goes for any kind of meat).
- Pan sear shrimps, turning and basting few times with marinade, for 3-5 minutes. Place shrimps on the plate and starts with the glaze *For meat option cook until meat is well cooked. Serve with salad, over rice, pasta etc.
For the glaze:
- In the pan where you cooked shrimps, add 3-4 Tbs. marinade, GOCHUJANG, and honey.
- Stir until it's the thicker sauce.
- Drop shrimps in the sauté pan and let it coat on both sides.