I had this recipe for breakfast eggs and beef wrap brewing in my head for a while now.
However, it something else happens and I forgot to blog about it, Life, I guess!
Sometimes we plan one thing but end up doing something completely different.
I got to tell ‘ya, when the aroma of home-cooked meal start circling around the house and gets through the door, even your neighbors will invite themselves for a nice warm breakfast and a cup of Joe.
Well, maybe not exactly like that but you totally get my point, right? It is a quick, yet perfectly tasty meal to get you through your busy day. I am not a breakfast eater per se, but a nice brunch always makes me smile.
I told myself I will not get breakfast burrito in fast food restaurants no matter what; even though it looks so appealing, especially when you look at their commercial images.
It just pulls you to go and get one, but the taste will never be like homemade. Do you feel the same? I know, I know.
With that being said, I said no to breakfast burrito simply because it is so easy to prep it at home. Even my kids can make it without any trouble.
It takes about 10 minutes, so why spend money or eat something that’s been only preheated. Also, not really healthy. You can make this in comfort of your home. Trust me, it always tastes better at home.
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram.
Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
It is a quick, yet perfectly tasty meal to get you through your busy day.
- 2 Tortilla of your choice white, whole grain, spinach, low carb, etc.
- 1/2 cup Any Greens; spinach, spring mix, arugula, etc.
- Shredded Cheese, if possible any that you prefer. I used Mexican Blend
- Scrambled Eggs:
- 3 Eggs mixed
- 1 Pinch of each Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Oil canola or olive oil, but you can also use unsalted butter
- Ground Beef:
- Drop of oil
- ¼ pound Lean Ground Beef, or any on hand
- ¼ Cup Chopped Onions, or use 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Pinch of Salt and Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Dried Parsley
- In a bowl mix eggs, season them with just a small pinch of salt and pepper; Add oil in the pan and heat it on medium heat, Pour egg mixture and mix until the eggs are done. 30-40 seconds. Set aside.
- In the other pan (or the same pan just wiped) Put just a drop of oil and add onions. Cook onions for a minute or two, then add meat. You can use onion powder like I have done here. in that case, you would add oil, meat, seasonings; salt, pepper, dried parsley, and cook until meat is no longer red/pink, about 2-3 minutes at medium-high heat.
- You can warm up tortilla but it is optional. On the tortilla sprinkle a bit of cheese and add sauteed ground beef, then eggs, more cheese and mixed greens of your choice. You do not have to add greens if you wish not to. It is perfectly fine without any greens.
- You can use an extra large tortilla. Most of the time I use two medium size tortillas to fit everything nicely. You can just make two smaller wraps. Then I wrap that wrap or burrito into plastic wrap, then into some sort of paper. Butcher paper or even brown "lunch" bag would be fine. Cut in half before eating and enjoy.