Mini Meatless Frittatas are light and extremely. It is important to me that these mini frittata cups fill you up with a nutrition, healthy fats, and proteins.
Oh, also just to mention that it’s an easy, warm and comforting breakfast.
I am back now and with one more delicious and nutritious recipe. They are really a perfect portion size if you are watching what you eat.
I added a few extra ingredients as I like my frittata bit richer. I am so glad that I did because these are so delicious.
For the frittata, I like to use whatever I have on the hand, or what is in the season. So be creative, chop some veggies, mix few eggs, and bake this to the golden perfection. I know you and your family will love it.
OTHER FRITTATA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
This is light, delicious and what's important fills you up with a nutrition, healthy fats, and proteins, not to mention that it's an easy, warm and comforting breakfast.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots chopped (or use 1/3 cup red onions, chopped)
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 medium size Sweet Mini Peppers chopped (I used red and orange)
- 1 Roma Tomato diced
- 2 packed cups baby spinach, chopped (or defrost 1 cup of frozen, squeeze any liquid out)
- 2 tbsp Milk any on hand
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley + for garnish
- EGG MIXTURE:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cheese – I used Mexican Blend but you may use any blend or Mozzarella, Smoked Gouda or perhaps feta cheese.
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a skillet or a saute pan add 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil and saute sliced shallots, minced garlic, chopped scallions, diced peppers, and tomato.
- Cook for about one minute, stirring frequently, then add chopped spinach, if the spinach is frozen: Place in a colander or strainer, run cool water over the vegetables until thawed, and drain (squeeze water from spinach). Or place the package in a resealable plastic bag, and submerge in cold water until thawed. Add spinach to the skillet or a saute pan and cook for a minute or so.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of milk and stir. Any milk on hand.
- Add seasoning; Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste, and a teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Lightly oil each cupcake cup all around it, then add about a tablespoon full of sauteed veggie mixture.
- Mix eggs with eggs whites then add 1/2 Tablespoon of all-purpose flour, or 1 1/2 teaspoons (one and a half teaspoons) of arrowroot starch, potato starch or cornstarch. Add a pinch of salt because you will not need more than that, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Mix everything well to combine.
- Now, pour the egg mixture over the veggies leaving just enough room for frittata to rise so do not our eggs all the way to the edge (leave about 1/4 of an inch/ 0.6 cm).
- Using a form mix eggs and veggies just a bit to combine.
- Add a good sprinkle of shredded cheese on the top and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for about 2-3 minutes before pulling frittatas out of the cups. You may use a butter knife to go around the cup to separate the frittata from the pan just in case
You may use other vegetable, breakfast sausages, or bacon for this dish. These could be placed in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure it is cooled down completely before placing them in the fridge and they need to be in an airtight container or a Ziplock bag. Make sure to heat them before eating.
- Hamilton Beach Dual Breakfast Sandwich Maker (25490)
- Bakeware Set -Premium Nonstick Baking Pans -Set of 5- Includes a Pie Pan, Square Cake Pan, Baking Pan, Bread Pan, Cup Cake Pan with Blue Silicone Hnadles By Intriom
- Cuisinart TOB-40FR Custom Classic Toaster Oven Broiler, Silver (Renewed)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 208mg Sodium: 509mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 14g