I know that I’ve neglected my blog, in a big way by not posting a recipe for the whole week… shame on me!
If you make a recipe inspired by me @sandraseasycooking ⬅please tag me and use➡ #sandraseasycookingOTHER FRITTATA RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
MINI MEATLESS FRITTATA CUPS
Delicious, easy and amazing breakfast.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots chopped (or use 1/3 cup red onions, chopped)
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- 2 medium size Sweet Mini Peppers chopped (I used red and orange)
- 1 Roma Tomato diced
- 2 packed cups baby spinach, chopped (or defrost 1 cup of frozen, squeeze any liquid out)
- 2 tbsp Milk any on hand
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley + for garnish
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- ½ Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cheese – I used Mexican Blend but you may use any blend or Mozzarella, Smoked Gouda or perhaps feta cheese.
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a skillet or a saute pan add 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil and saute sliced shallots, minced garlic, chopped scallions, diced peppers, and tomato.
- Cook for about one minute, stirring frequently, then add chopped spinach, if the spinach is frozen: Place in a colander or strainer, run cool water over the vegetables until thawed, and drain (squeeze water from spinach). Or place the package in a resealable plastic bag, and submerge in cold water until thawed. Add spinach to the skillet or a saute pan and cook for a minute or so.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of milk and stir. Any milk on hand.
- Add seasoning; Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste, and a teaspoon of dried parsley.
- Lightly oil each cupcake cup all around it, then add about a tablespoon full of sauteed veggie mixture.
- Mix eggs with eggs whites then add 1/2 Tablespoon of all-purpose flour, or 1 1/2 teaspoons (one and a half teaspoons) of arrowroot starch, potato starch or cornstarch. Add a pinch of salt because you will not need more than that, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Mix everything well to combine.
- Now, pour the egg mixture over the veggies leaving just enough room for frittata to rise so do not our eggs all the way to the edge (leave about 1/4 of an inch/ 0.6 cm).
- Using a form mix eggs and veggies just a bit to combine.
Add a good sprinkle of shredded cheese on the top and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for about 2-3 minutes before pulling frittatas out of the cups. You may use a butter knife to go around the cup to separate the frittata from the pan just in case
You may use other vegetable, breakfast sausages, or bacon for this dish. These could be placed in the fridge for up to 5 days. Make sure it is cooled down completely before placing them in the fridge and they need to be in an airtight container or a Ziplock bag. Make sure to heat them before eating.