Getting healthier, more fit and energetic before my upcoming birthday. I usually never stick to my New Year Resolutions, most people I think do not but I wanted to change my sleeping habits, and I actually did.
Just to mention a few changes, going in bed way before midnight, turning off everything and getting up with the roaster, around 5 am, stop eating before 6 pm, etc. That is all part of changing my lifestyle.
If your body is screaming for a change most definitely it should not be ignored.
So, back to this delicious recipe. This would make an amazing addition for your Superbowl menu. If your man starts to fuss “oh I do not wanna eat lettuce” just put the chicken in between the buns and I am sure he will love it (please, clear your naughty thoughts).
Flavor is spicy, bit sour from the lime and fantastic balance between each and every bite of this Thai Chicken.
I wish you could smell my kitchen now. Who needs air-freshener when we can cook a homemade meal because nothing smells better in my opinion?!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil plus 1/2 teaspoon more
- 1 Chicken Breast cut into long strips.
- 1/4 Onion diced
- 2 Clove Garlic very finely minced
- 1 fresh chili or JalapeÃ±o minced
- 1 teaspoon Fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce lite
- Splash of water about 1/8 cup or 1 fl oz
- 1 lettuce head leaves washed and separated
- Cilantro or Thai basil less than a handful
- Heat the wok with the oil or use saute/fry pan and add the chicken
- Cook until chicken is almost golden on the outside.
- Add rest of the oil and put diced shallots, minced garlic, and chilies; stir fry for the next few minutes just to make them softer.
- Meanwhile, mix in a small bowl soy sauce, fish sauce, red curry
- paste, and lime juice; Pour it in the wok/pan over a chicken little bit at the time; Add just a splash of water, stir and let it cook for the next 2-3 minutes; cover until ready for serving.
- Serve it in the lettuce as a wrap or on the salad, over rice or even put in buns for a sandwich. Also, you could garnish it with extra red chili peppers or flakes and cilantro or Thai basil.
Like any seasoning, you should add to your taste and preferences. If you find it too salty you can certainly add a bit of water to adjust, but please when you mix together soy sauce, fish sauce, red curry paste pour a little bit at the time over the chicken and taste each time. That way you will truly reach what you like.