Is there anything easier to make than scones? They make such a great breakfast and a wonderful companion for tea or coffee. Cranberry scones are such an amazing afternoon treat.
I just love scones plain, with cheese, or dry fruit… You name it, I love it! How about you? What’s your favorite addition to scones
I have to apologize for a short post today, but sometimes even a few words can be enough
Well, I will leave you with a delicious recipe that my family just loves eating for breakfast and after-school snack. I hope you like it and enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbs. Shortening
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- Handful dried or fresh cranberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200C), depending on your oven, mine is the best on 400F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and shortening.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg, then add to dry ingredients. Stir in fruit.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll it out; cut into biscuit size rounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.