My goal is always to keep it as simple as possible and to have both comfort and healthy to kind of balance each other.
Most of the time I serve this with fish or chicken, but It does go very well with meatballs, too.
You can’t really go wrong with it…sauteed it with spinach or serve it separately, perhaps adding more veggies or kale instead of spinach.
Couscous with Spinach
Serves 4 (potion size /or 2 bigger sizes)
- 2 cups Couscous pearl pasta +1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. unsalted butter
- 10 oz Spinach,
- 3-4 Basil leaves, fresh
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil or butter
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Italian Herbs(mix)
- Sea salt to taste
- Boil water with salt and butter for couscous. Cook as directed on the package. It’s more steaming after water boils so follow directions.
- Boil water for Spinach and blanch for minute or two; drain, put it under cold water and then try to remove liquid by squeezing it out of the spinach. If you use frozen defrost completely, and squeeze any water out.
- In saute pan add olive oil or butter, minced garlic, then add blanched/defrosted spinach, dried Italian herbs, few pinches of salt to taste, stir-fry for few minutes. Stir and try to break spinach while sauteing.
- Drain couscous and add it with the sauteed spinach, break basil leaves and add in the pan; You can add more butter. *Also you can serve it separately from spinach just by draining couscous and adding little garlic powder and butter on top in the pan with the couscous. Stir and serve with spinach on the side.
- Serve Hot and immediately.
You can add cooked chicken cubes or any other protein.
You can use pasta –any type of pasta!
Sandra’s Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at firstname.lastname@example.org.