Potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables to comfort my mood and satisfy my cravings. Besides pasta, I could eat potatoes every single day. I mean, you can make potatoes in so many different ways, and to be quite honest, I could eat them seriously every day.
Potatoes and I have this magical connection since I was a little girl and roasted potatoes hold a special place in my heart. As funny as it sounds, I’m not joking. It reminded me of my grandma’s roasted potatoes and a whole chicken that she’d made in her wood burning stove every Sunday when I’d come to visit. I didn’t have many amazing memories but remembering her always makes me smile.
Anyhow, I hope you all enjoy this delicious recipe.
Roasted Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce
- 5 Medium Yellow potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and Cracked black pepper to taste
- 100 g wild rocket arugula leaves (to serve) instead
- *I Used 1 Bunch of Organic Spinach
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar *I used Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and Cracked Black pepper to taste
- To make the chimichurri sauce: place the parsley, oregano, rosemary, paprika, chili flakes, garlic, bay leaf, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 C (425 F).
- Place the potato in a large saucepan of salted cold water over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the potato is just tender.
- Drain, return the potato to the pan and cook for 1 minute to remove excess moisture. Shake the pan to fluff the potato.
- Place on a baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 40-45 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Serve the potatoes with the chimichurri sauce and rocket leaves.