In my last post on the burgers, I said that I am enjoying Organic Beef. This is not your ordinary beef, this is coming from the Rocky Mountains where the livestock is feeding on a grass so you will have a healthy and delicious Organic beef to feed your family. I absolutely loved it. The meat is practically melting in your mouth, and it tastes really delicious.
The recipe is really easy, I don’t know if I should call it a recipe at all. Let me give you some tips and explain what I did. Get the steak out of the fridge and allow it to come up to room temperature about 30 minutes before cooking. You also need to make sure your skillet or even BBQ is very hot before you begin cooking the steak.
During the cooking process try to make your steak medium rare or at least medium because you don’t want chewy pieces of meat. Also, try to turn a couple of times during cooking so the meat could cook evenly on both sides.
Last but not least, you have to leave your cooked steak to rest, grilled or pan-fried. You may drizzle steak juices later when you serve it. It is very important for the steak to be juicy to allow it to rest for two or three minutes before slicing.
The internal temperature of a beef:
Steak Remove from Grill at this Temperature Final Cooked
Rare 130 to 135°F 130 to 140°F
Medium Rare 140°F 145°F
Medium 155°F 160°F
Well Done 165°F 170°F
|Photo courtesy of Wikipedia: An American Beef Cut|
Organic Sirloin Steak with Salad
- Olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mixed baby greens tomatoes, peppers
- Rub the steak all over with olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the steak to a hot pan or a skillet, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute.
- Once cooked to your liking, rest the steak for about 2-3 minutes on a plate so the juices would stay in. Reserve any juices that come out of the steak. Slice with a sharp steak knife, then serve with the juices drizzled on top.
- Salad: Mix all the greens and vegetables that you will use. Make a dressing by mixing together 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 pinches of salt, 3 tbsp. Olive oil and drizzle over the salad. Toss it all together and enjoy with your steak.