Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Don’t you just love quick, easy and fun pasta recipes? We love this delicious DaVinci® Pasta, you can really taste the quality with each bite you take. I’ve decided to share my recent favorite pasta salad; Mediterranean Pasta Salad. The combination of flavors just works so well together. Actually, I made this with two types of pasta just to show you that it looks amazing whatever shape you use. I feel like it is beautiful with Ditalini and Bowties, so use whatever DaVinci® Pasta you can find, although I would totally use spaghetti and similar with some sauce such as Chicken Alfredo or a simple Bolognese. I just made my mouth to water.
My husband, Nebs, who is not a salad fan at all, said that he can eat this particular pasta dish at least a couple of times a week. I am pretty happy when I hear a praise like that. It’s lighter, meatless and filling at the same time. We have three teen kids still at home so pasta is a staple of my house. There are so many dishes that we can make using pasta. You know how they say: “Pastabilities are endless.”
It leaves a family fully satisfied, no matter what you make. With that being said, the beauty of pasta salad is that you can use whatever you wish to use, or whatever is in season. This is really one fantastic recipe for Labor Day, or even make it over Thanksgiving. Perhaps you can use roasted sweet potatoes and some celery or broccoli for that extra crunch.
I have been using DaVinci® pasta for quite some time. It has a really fantastic taste, and on top of it, my family loves it too, which is always a huge plus. Also, visit the DaVinci® Facebook page for unique pasta recipes. It gives me so many meal ideas, and you enter their consumer promotions as well as show your Fun & Done ideas with the community. Hey, it could be shared on their brand page. Make sure to tag DaVinci® on Social Media and of course, use the hashtags #pastabilities #funanddone #anythingispastable
Hey, if you try this recipe or any other recipe from my blog please share with me on Instagram. Make sure to tag me @sandraseasycooking using hashtag #sandrasasycooking I would love to see all your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks!!! <3
I partnered with DaVinci® to bring you fun and delicious recipe. This post is written in my own words, and the pictures, as well as the recipe, is done by me.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces dry pasta 1 pack DaVinci Ditalini Macaroni
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives sliced or halved
- 1/2 cup Marinated Artichoke chopped
- 1 cup Roasted Butternut squash
- 4 ounces crumbled Feta cheese cubed
- 5 Radish thinly sliced
- 1/2 block Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil Mayo
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Marinate from Artichokes
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- Pinch of Red hot chili Pepper Optional
- Peel and cube Butternut squash. Drizzle with olive oil and roast at 375F until tender, for about 30-40 minutes. Leftover butternut squash could be placed in the fridge or a freezer.
- Cook pasta according to the package. Do not overcook it. When the pasta turns al dente, drain using a colander, then wash under cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare add-ons for the pasta salad; kalamata olives, marinated artichokes radishes, and feta cheese.
- Combine ingredients for dressing by mixing together Olive oil Mayonnaise, reserved marinade from artichokes' jar, and oregano.
- Put everything together and drizzle dressing on top. Lightly toss until all of the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Leftovers should be kept in the refrigerate.
You may use:
- Roasted sweet potatoes. Just cube them and drizzle with olive oil, then bake at 375F until the sweet potato is tender.
- Cucumber instead of radish.
- There are no rules on how to put the pasta salad together.