Creamy Summer Pasta Salad
I have been making a lot of pasta salads lately. I really love how we have so many options and variations that we can create with pasta. This one was one of those pasta salads that reminded me greatly of summers that I used to spend in the rural countryside where the meadows were still untouchable by humans. You’d see never-ending open sunny fields thrive with the most beautiful wildflowers, and sometimes your eye would catch the sight of trees.
So, as I was putting together this salad, it just reminded me of some childhood memories spent in beautiful countrysides. This salad was beautiful, and very delicious as well. It would be perfect to share with your family and friends over a good ole BBQ. I would imagine that this pasta salad would be outstanding if paired with a delicately grilled juicy steak. Oh, that sounds so mouthwatering right now!
One thing about me is that I cannot resist grilled food, as well as pasta. I am a huge carb lover, even though I am trying to cut it down as much as I can. Nowadays we can find so many options such as veggie pasta, or gluten-free so you feel less guilty. With that being said, you can most definitely use GF pasta for this.
My family loved this salad since everything works very well together and the vegetables are raw so my boys like it as well. Also, if I have any leftovers, I just store it in a jar and refrigerate. It holds very well in the fridge for 3 days. I don’t like keeping cooked food in the fridge more than 3 days, but I assume it would be okay to keep it up to 5 days.
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Creamy Summer Pasta Salad
Simple and delicious pasts salad.
- 1 lbs Pasta
- 3 Boiled Eggs
- 5 Asparagus blanched
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1 small Zucchini
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 tbsp. chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup Mayo Light
- 2 tbsp. Sour Cream Yogurt could be used
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- Salt to taste
- Chili flakes optional
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing and refrigerate the jar until ready to be used.
- Boil pasta until al dente. When you are making pasta salad you do not want to overcook pasta so keep it a bit firmer. After pasta is cooked, drain it under cold water and allow it to cool down. I like drizzling it with olive oil just to make pasta easier to work when it is cooled, but it is optional.
- Chop all the vegetables into smaller pieces, dice or slice, it is up to you.
Peel the eggs after boiling.
Eggs are optional as well, but they taste amazing with this salad. I cook them on high for 5 minutes in the boiling water, then I submerge them under cold water for 5 minutes, peel and allow them to cool down.
- After the pasta is cooled add a tablespoon or two of dressing to pasta then mix.
Add veggies and eggs, toss it with pasta then add remainder of dressing and toss again to coat.
- Store it in the jars or container with fitted lid.
How to Blanch Veggies?
- Boil a pot of water, add a good pinch of salt, add vegetables and boil for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Drain and submerge in cold water, preferably ice cold.