Parsley and Lemon Baked Fish Fillets
Simple, delicious and perfect weeknight meal. I absolutely love meals like this. Not only that it doesn’t take too long to make it, but you have a full meal on the table in less than 45 minutes. You can also prepare ahead and just put it together. I served this one with roasted potatoes, quinoa, and brown rice, as well as a salad on the side, and I must tell you that it was one delicious meal.
You can totally do this with salmon or any other fish. Actually, I make this often with salmon. A couple of years ago, my youngest one started calling salmon a pink fish, and often he’d say “how about we get some pink fish for lunch”, he was so cute when he suggested what we should eat. So, now it is stuck with us… pink fish!
Anyhow, I hope you like this recipe… if you have any suggestions what I should make, do not hesitate to leave a comment.
PARSLEY AND LEMON BAKED FISH FILLETS
- 6 Fish fillets or more (I used Flounder)
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder/ or 1/4 chopped fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon butter melted
- Green onions
- MIX together in a jar: lemon juice, Olive oil, minced garlic, onion powder, black pepper and sea salt to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon, you can always add more salt later), dried parsley and chopped fresh parsley (Italian flat leaf). Shake a jar well.
- Preheat the oven to 400F, and line the baking pan with parchment paper (easier cleanup and fish won't stick).
- Pour everything from the jar over fish, you may use frozen fish, but make sure it's completely defrosted. Add a bit of butter on the top. and cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil just to prevent from burning.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve Immediately with a drizzle of leftover oil/sauce and a few chopped scallions.
I used 6 fish fillets, and you could use any fish. I use salmon often.