Crisp and playful on your tongue, with the rich blanket of chocolate, sparking magnificent taste of delectable comfort.
My family adores chocolate dipped strawberries and let me tell ya, they disappear from my platter quite fast. I set plates with different options for toppings and nuts are always our favorite.
They look splendid, don't they? I usually get several pints, because I like choosing the same size strawberries. Although I like smaller size rather than the huge ones, they just look better.
The aphrodisiac power of strawberries. A perfect little red heart, the aphrodisiac strawberry is an edible Valentine. In ancient Rome, the strawberry was a symbol of Venus.If you plan to make anything sweet for V-day then these are amazing. Perfect to spark somewhat romance in your life, if you know what I mean?!
- 1 pint (about 20) medium-large strawberries with stems
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or white vanilla baking chips (Chocolate bark for dipping fruits)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil or unsalted butter (1 teaspoon shortening for substitute)
*You can use crushed nuts or sprinkles
*Almond Bark Chocolate Baking Bar -- you can find these similar chocolate barks which are fantastic for dipping at almost any store, baking aisle.
- Gently rinse strawberries and dry on paper towels (strawberries must be completely dry). Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or use a cookie rack.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil or unsalted butter (you can use about 1 teaspoon of shortening as a substitute) over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. I used XTREMA double broiler. Place water in the bottom of the double boiler so the top of the water is about 1/2 inch below the upper pan. Then place the double boiler over low heat. Stir the chocolate constantly until it is melted. The water in the bottom of the double boiler should not come to boiling while the chocolate is melting. Stir until it is completely melted.
- Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into the saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined tray or cookie rack.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve.
- Store covered in refrigerator so the chocolate does not soften.
- This is so much easier when you have 6-inch lollipop sticks.You can get them at your craft store, such as Michaels if you are in the USA or amazon.
- This is fun for the kids, and adults so you can set a couple of topping options if you have a party, such as nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc. My favorite is with walnuts, but hazelnuts are fantastic too.