Skillet Lasagna + VIDEO
Who doesn't love cheesy lasagna, right? However, this way you can save yourself some time and be done in 30 minutes or less. If you multitask like me, this meal is done in 25 minutes, especially using this amazing ceramic skillet by Ceramcor Xtrema where meals taste better, healthier and it cooks much faster. This is 100% my kind of meal. Sometimes I would add spinach or kale, but that is up to you to make those decisions, but let me tell you it is pretty darn delicious with spinach and beef. And the other thing is if you don't eat red meat, you can substitute it with chicken sausage or ground turkey, and if you do not eat meat period, use mushrooms and greens to make vegetable skillet lasagna. You're welcome! :)
Now, let's get cooking!!!
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 lb Ground Beef (80/20)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian Herbs (Blend)
- 1 tsp. Sage
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups Pasta Sauce (Meat, Marinara, Traditional, etc.)
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 lb Pasta (I used wide noodles)
- 2 tbsp. Grated Italian Cheese Blend
- 6-8 Scoops Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 2-3 tbsp. Shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat the skillet to medium high, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Add Olive oil.
- Add chopped onion, and stir. Cook for a minute, just to get them soften.
- Add ground beef and cook until the beef is completely cooked. If you are using a higher percentage of fat in ground beef, now it's the best time to take out excess fat.
- Add seasoning; salt, ground pepper, Italian dried herbs and sage. Stir well! Add chopped garlic cloves, stir.
- Pour any pasta sauce that you desire, then stir in about 2 cups of water. IF you have more pasta and bigger/deeper skillet, add about 1/2 cup more sauce and water.
- Add noodles, and mix to coat, then add Grated Italian Cheese Blend. Cover and allow it to cook under the lid at a LOW temperature for 13 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is completely cooked.
- Take the lid off, then add Ricotta Cheese and Shaved Parmesan Cheese, then cover and cook for 5 minutes under the lid.
- Take the lid off and add Shredded Italian Cheese Blend, cover and cook under the lid for 3 more minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Garnish and enjoy!
- You can use ground Turkey instead of the beef.
- Add more of less cheese. I liked this way, but if you love cheese, add more.
- Noodles, macaroni, broken lasagna noodles whatever you have will work, HOWEVER, the cooking time of the noodles but vary. Wide noodles cook pretty fast. If you have a bigger skillet and deeper you can add the whole pound, but otherwise stick to half a pound. This could be in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for 3 months. Of course, make sure to seal it very well.
- FORGOT TO ADD "important factor" IN THE VIDEO: Start Cooking this on medium-high, then lower it to medium-low. This type of skillet (Ceramic skillet) keeps the temperature even, so you do not cook on HIGH. It gets the job done beautifully at a lower temperature.
- You can also bake it (375F) instead of keeping it on the stove top.