Homemade Hot Cocoa
Is there anything more comforting than cozying up with a cup of hot cocoa during the winter season?
I say, no there is nothing more comforting. While kids are home on the winter break, I made a large jar of homemade hot cocoa mix and we are planning to enjoy it often. You really do not need to buy store-bought hot cocoa when you can make it in matters of 5 minutes and enjoy it all winter long.
I really cherish this time with kids still home. I don’t know how I am going to handle when they all leave my nest. I stayed with them all their life, started this blogging journey just to be here when they need me. There is nowhere I rather wish to be right now than here with three of them close to me, with our favorite animated movie on and a cup of homemade hot cocoa.
Who do you cherish in your life?
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks in advance!!!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
HOMEMADE HOT COCOA
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. Pure Vanilla Powder
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
In a large bowl using Fine Mesh Strainer, pass the cocoa powder through the sieve to get rid of any unwanted lumps.
Add all the other ingredients and mix it to combine everything.
Heat milk in the saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa mix for every 8 Fl Oz of Milk stir to dissolve.
Add Whipped cream or Marshmallows to your cocoa and you are done.
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa mix per 8 FL Oz Milk. Homemade Cocoa Mix could last for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- If you would like to use water, then I suggest adding Powdered Milk (about 2 cups on this amount).
- You can also add 1 tbsp. Instant Espresso Powder to your Hot Cocoa, Dry Mix. It enhances the flavor of chocolate without having too much of coffee flavor. I used Organic Dominican Cocoa Powder -RAW.
- Use Dairy Full Fat Milk, Soy, Almond or Cashew Milk.