Homemade Hot Cocoa
Is there anything more comforting than cozying up with a cup of hot cocoa during the winter season?
I say, no there is nothing more comforting. While kids are home on the winter break, I made a large jar of homemade hot cocoa mix and we are planning to enjoy it often. You really do not need to buy store-bought hot cocoa when you can make it in matters of 5 minutes and enjoy it all winter long.
I really cherish this time with kids still home. I don’t know how I am going to handle when they all leave my nest. I stayed with them all their life, started this blogging journey just to be here when they need me. There is nowhere I rather wish to be right now than here with three of them close to me, with our favorite animated movie on and a cup of homemade hot cocoa.
Who do you cherish in your life?
I hope you guys like this recipe, and if you do happen to make it please tag me on Instagram @sandraseasycooking and use hashtag #sandraseasycooking so I am able to see your delicious creations and share with my readers as well. Thanks in advance!!!
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
HOMEMADE HOT COCOA
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp. Pure Vanilla Powder
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a large bowl using Fine Mesh Strainer, pass the cocoa powder through the sieve to get rid of any unwanted lumps.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix it to combine everything.
- Heat milk in the saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa mix for every 8 Fl Oz of Milk stir to dissolve.
- Add Whipped cream or Marshmallows to your cocoa and you are done.
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa mix per 8 FL Oz Milk. Homemade Cocoa Mix could last for up to 6 months in an airtight container.
- If you would like to use water, then I suggest adding Powdered Milk (about 2 cups on this amount).
- You can also add 1 tbsp. Instant Espresso Powder to your Hot Cocoa, Dry Mix. It enhances the flavor of chocolate without having too much of coffee flavor. I used Organic Dominican Cocoa Powder -RAW.
- Use Dairy Full Fat Milk, Soy, Almond or Cashew Milk.