Mixed Greens with Peaches — Salad Recipe
While summer still lasts, I thought to create the simple yet delicious salad to share with you all.
You might already have tried green salads with fruit or even this one before, but I never posted my version, so here you go… it’s never too late to try something new. I made an amazing salad with Kale and Strawberries, or mixed greens with pineapple — It was an absolutely delicious combination of flavors, crunch… needless to say, both salads tasted really good!
Usually, I add strawberries or pineapple, from time to time mango, but this time, I thought since the peaches are in season this would be a fantastic combo. I got to tell you, it was very delicious, filling and delicious, indeed.
As far as the dressing goes, I really like my own dressing, and I tend to make almost the same dressing all the time. It’s a blend of lemon or lime juice, salt, a dash of sugar, chili powder, allspice or sometimes freshly grounded cumin, which I used for this dressing.
So let’s get started…
Mixed Greens with Peaches — Salad
- 2 cups Baby Mixed Greens
- 1/2 – 1 Peach, depending on the size
- 2 Limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin
- Pinch of Sugar
- The dressing could be made ahead of time. You do not have to use the whole dressing mixture, Use as much as you need. Keep it in the fridge for later for up to 10 days. Just mix and drizzle over the salad.
- If the lime is large and ripe use only one, but you can make extra for later. You cannot go wrong with having extra dressing ready to use for any salad.
- If you are making for more people, just add more greens and as many slices of peaches as you want.
- If you don’t have almonds, you may add walnuts, peanuts or perhaps some pumpkin/sunflower seeds
- Wash salad, and let it drain in the colander or use the salad spinner.
- Combine ingredients for dressing and mix it well to combine. Drizzle over the salad, and toss it together to coat the salad with the dressing.
- Slice a peach, and add to the salad. Drizzle with more dressing if desired and before serving sprinkle with some toasted sliced almonds, or any other nut that you have on hand for extra crunch.