Egg, Cheese and Ham Wrap + video
Today, I am sharing the most requested breakfast in my house – Egg, cheese and ham wrap.
They have been off from school for more than a couple of days after winter break due to the icy roads, and snow so they are asking me constantly to make this wrap.
The combination of crunchy, lightly toasted tortilla on the outside, and eggs, cheese with a hint of smokiness from the ham gives you an amazing taste, and balance between the flavors as well as textures. You can use crunchy bacon, or chicken/turkey from the deli, or whatever you have on hand. If you don’t eat meat whatsoever, you can keep it plain or add sauteed vegetables. It will surprise you how delicious it is, easy to make and on top of it, in my opinion, breakfast for a champ. Completely fulfilling, as this whole wrap makes you very full.
Usually, I would serve it with fresh fruits if it’s for breakfast or a nice salad if we are eating lunch or dinner. Try it and let me know down in the comment section, or tag me on social media using hashtag #sandraseasycooking. You can also send me a pic at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to see you creating one my recipes.
WATCH MY QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE THESE WRAPS.
Egg, Cheese and Ham Wrap
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.36g) Butter (preferably, unsalted)
- 2-3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Pinches of Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 2 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 slices Hickory Smoked Ham (or any on hand, even chicken/turkey/beef roast from deli could be used)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter (preferably, unsalted)
- 1 large Tortilla
- Beat the eggs until smooth and add salt and ground black pepper, mix again. *Don’t go over two pinches because we are adding cheese and ham.
- In the meantime, heat the skillet/frying pan on medium-high and add 1/2 teaspoon (2.36g) of butter. Let the butter melt.
- Pour beaten eggs into the hot skillet, and cook over medium-high heat.
- At this point, push the sides of the eggs (omelet), and let the wet part of the egg go to the bottom.
- When it’s almost set on the top, take a spatula and flip the omelet. Turn OFF the heat, but keep the pan still on the hot burner.
- Add cheese in the middle, then ham. Now, start to roll the omelet. Take it out and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium-high heat again, then add 1/2 teaspoon of butter. Allow the butter to melt.
- Place tortilla in the pan, and keep it in for 10-15 seconds, then place the rolled omelet closer to the edge of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla, and try to fold the edges in. After it’s rolled turn a few times to develop the crusty, crunchy tortilla texture.
- Brush with a little more butter, if desired.
- You can add chicken, roast beef or turkey from the deli, even hard salami would work.
- In case of tortilla, any flavor would work wonderfully.
- Cheese: Use whatever cheese you have on hand, even if it’s shredded. I like mozzarella because it melts easily and it’s an affordable type of cheese.