I hope your New Year started amazingly beautiful and continues to be that way throughout the year. Usually, I do a recap of the most popular posts, but I changed it. Instead, I am sharing roasted potatoes. Is there any better way to start the year?
I love potatoes. You can prepare them in so many ways and I don’t think there is one dish that I will not like. You already know that if I could dive into the bowl of mashed potatoes I certainly would, I am seriously not joking at all.
I serve these, usually with some leftover protein; either pork chops, chicken, ribs or in this case Xmas leftover Turkey. Boy, was this delicious! It totally makes a complete meal, with a salad on the side, bit of sauteed peas and freshly baked bread… Could the meal get any better? I don’t think so…
If you love potatoes as much as I do then you got to make them asap. These are very flavorful, easy and delicious.
- 5 large Potatoes, approximately the same size (about kg and a half to 2 kg)
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 spring of Fresh rosemary, use only the leaves
- Oil to grease the pan, and drizzle over the potatoes before baking (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into equal size wedges. If you are not going to bake them right away, soak in the cold water so they don’t turn dark.
- Season the potatoes with seasoning/herbs above. You can add to please your own taste. I added a little more than 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Grease the baking pan and place potatoes in the single layer. Drizzle a bit of oil all over the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven at 400F (200C) and bake the potatoes for about 40-45 minutes or until they are crunchy, golden brown and soft/tender on the inside.
Thank you all so very much for all your support during all these years. Thank you for visiting me, for social media love, for subscribing to my newsletter and YouTube channel. With 918 newsletter subscribers + 536 more on Feedburner I can only say thank you for following along my crazy homemade food adventures from all over the world. I am touched and honored to be able to share my recipes, and thoughts with all of you. Cheers to one more amazing year!!! I wish you all the BEST!
Also, I need to mention my friends over at Season with Spice. They are AWESOME! And I could not ask for better people to connect with. Check them out on Facebook…
Kitchenbowl is a foodie app. I was one of the first people that had a privilege to test their app and I watch them grow into this awesome food community. I love their amazing, crazy talented team. If you haven’t already done it, download “kitchenbowl” app and follow them on Instagram. They are hosting recipe contests often and giving away fantastic prices.
Recently, I started to work with fantastic influence program over at Acorn. So far, I am pleased!
And, of course, it was one more kick-ass year with BlogHer.
Overall, it has been a really amazing year! Thank you again and again!!!