Bacon, Cheese and Caramelized Onion Burger
I was debating with myself, as I usually do, should I post one more smoothie and add it to the collection or a burger. Well, of course burger won; my sinful, delicious, and juicy burger! You’re allowed to drool… Even though I am not that happy the way the pictures came out. My hunger struck like a lightning in the middle of the summer, so I had to move fast, otherwise I wouldn’t guarantee anyone’s safety around me at that moment.
I eat my lunch around 3-4 pm. Ever since I started to workout twice a day I skip “real” dinner. Instead, I eat something light, like fruit, veggies and nuts to keep me full. My daily “food” feast includes: smoothies, coffee, water, tea, nuts, fresh fruits and veggies and plain salads… So, you see, I needed a red meat and preferably Lil’ bloody. Little that I know, crispy bacon was on it, cheese, and caramelized onion. Ok! I went crazy with toppings (no, I didn’t), but it was so worth it. I swear, it was like I was dreaming when I took a first bite, which was right after I took these pics. Maybe I was too hungry, maybe cravings were speaking louder than they should, but what a hell, I keep telling myself, it’s a reward for working so hard all week long, I shouldn’t feel so guilty… Which reminds me a smoothie post is coming on Wednesday.
Spring break is here, my boy is back from his band trip and all three are home for the next 9 days.
Woohoo! Right!!! My stress level is… Alright, for now! I’ve been making their favorite meals, I listen to their stories, we are having fun so far. I sing as loud as I can to keep them out of my office when I’m working… And it’s working! 🙂
I’ve been MIA from social media for a couple of days, but that’s because I am spending so much time with the kids and surprisingly, I’m going to sleep earlier than midnight, I am only trying! I’m a night owl, and a zombie when I wake up in the morning, but in all seriousness, I need to train myself to sleep longer than 4 hours in one piece, which again is incredibly hard. I took my time last week and updated my about page and a few older posts, made a gazillion pictures, which I didn’t share yet, but overall I’ve enjoyed my social media/blogging free time. I can’t stay away for too long, simply because it became my life and daily routine, so I always come back.
If I haven’t answered your email yet, my apologies… Please understand!
Anyhoooo… I am not gonna write anymore, here is the recipe!
Bacon, Cheese and Caramelized Onion Burger
- 1 Pounds (16 ounces/453g) Ground Angus Beef/80% lean-20% Fat
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion, minced or shredded
- 2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste, approximately 1/2-1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Oil + 1/2 tbsp. More
- Cheddar Cheese
- Crispy Bacon
- Easy Caramelized Onions, recipe by Alton Brown
- Kosher pickles
- In medium sized bowl combine all the ingredients for the burger, mix with your hands (use gloves if you don’t like to touch the meat). Cover with the plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes-it could be also in the fridge overnight. Once rested for at least 30 minutes, take fist size meat ball and make patties. Cover and put on the side until ready for grilling, you can also pan fry them or use an indoor grill.
- Turn on the oven and bake bacon until crispy, or use pan and cook until bacon slices are crispy. Place on the kitchen paper towel.
- The recipe for the microwave Caramelized Onion is linked up in the Topping section!!!
- Preheat the grill, outdoor or indoor and pour about 1/2 tablespoon of Oil in the plate and dip your fingers into it, take each patty and pat with your oily fingers before placing it on the grill.
- Grill on both sides according to your preferences, approximately 3-5 minutes per side, depending how big your patties are.
- Last, but not least build your burger, however you like and prefer.
ZOOM OUT THE PAGE TO SEE IMAGES BETTER!
Follow Sandra’s Easy Cooking:
Pinterest | Facebook | G+ | Instagram | Twitter |
Sandra’s Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.