Baked Crepes with Mushrooms and Spinach
It’s not even the first day of Summer and heat is already killing me. I hate humidity…
However, summer break so far (knock on the wood) seems to be under control. Kids are doing their thing, I do mine and we stay away from each other at least when I work.
We have few family days in a week, more now because they are off, so that gives us time to enjoy each other’s company. I think my kids are the funniest little individuals -totally picked that up from their dad, but yeah, I could laugh so much when they start with their stories, especially my older one. He is a natural!
Anyhoooo…let’s talk about food now because not much is going on in my life these days other than kids, work, hot weather… Are you reading in between the lines? Mommy has a blogging block again, a large brick stuck in her head, so she will write about food, because that’s what she does the best.
Did you ever had stuffed, savory crepes and baked with cheese?
Well, I did many, many times before and you have no idea what are you missing! Alternatively and to save time you can use smaller soft tortillas. It’s of course different in texture, but I think it taste great too. Honestly, my family is not a fan, and sometimes I cannot figure them out at all. They like crepes, sweet and filled with nutella or jam, me on the other hand, I like to inhale few savory ones before smudging anything else on them.
- 3-4 Crepes (depends on the size of your pan)
- 2 Tbsp. Cottage Cheese (low fat)
- 1 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 Egg, large
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 handful Organic Spinach
- 1-2 large mushroom/s, sliced
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit and Oil baking pan/skillet.
- Mix together cottage cheese, sour cream, an egg, salt and pepper to taste. You can use 1-2 tbsp Feta cheese, but watch on sodium.
- Wash both spinach and mushrooms, squeeze as much as you can get rid of the liquid.
- Place one crepe on the baking dish and add one Tbsp. Cheese mixture, put almost squeeze dry spinach and mushrooms, drizzle a little more of the cheese mixture and roll crepe. Continue until you are out of the pan space or crepes.
- Pour equally the rest of the cheese mixture on top of the rolled crepes. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes before serving.