One of those nights when you have to feed hungry stomachs and nothing comes in mind. I stood there in front of the fridge the other night and then pantry and tried to be creative; on the end went for the easiest dinner that everybody going to eat and not complain as much -chicken and pasta.
It took me longer to think what is dinner going to be, than to actually make this. It's very simple as you can see, that even your kid could make, of course with your supervision if it's younger. Yes, it took me 15 minutes, but don't hold it against me if you take more than that. When I cook, I multitask so our meals are on the table before you know it.
This is one of those posts that I am not creative even when it come to writing.... Motherhood and work take most of my time these days and I have to apologies because I am not answering your emails on time, and commenting on your delicious posts.
Even pictures, which will be updates soon didn't came out the way I want...but dinner...dinner was delicious!
Soooo...here is my pasta!:)
15 MINUTES DINNER: Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 1 whole boneless Chicken Breast, cut into bite size
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, fresh
- 1 pk Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drizzle of Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Basil Pesto
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Cut Chicken into bite size pieces, season it with little bit of salt and pepper, oil a frying or sauteing pan and cook chicken until done -about 5 minutes. Take it on the clean plate and set aside.
- Meantime, boil salted water (1 tsp. salt) and drop in pasta, let it cook until done.
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets, drop them in with the pasta approximately 20-30 seconds before pasta is done. Drain into colander and shock under cold water (reserve about 1/2 of cut of pasta water)
- Add oil into the pan and put pasta, broccoli, pesto, Parmesan, garlic powder and cooked chicken.
- On a medium heat mix pasta, pour in pasta water and stir until it's well combined and coded.
- Add more cheese or pesto if desired.
After pasta is cooled down, you can add it into airtight container and keep in fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat and eat!
You can add mushrooms, peppers and other veggies.
Wishing you great week ahead!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.