Just like many other salads this one is pretty simple yet packed with flavor. When I made it last week to go with our steaks, the taste was mind blowing. I had to make it few more times but I was impressed each and every time. Even my hubby was enjoying few scoops with his salmon wrap. Versatile, simple and it's perfect side dish too.
Also it can be for several days covered in the fridge, so you can take it to work or simple serve with any meat, or just an idea you can add it to your cold noodles stir and voila.
If you love little nutty as well as combination of sweet and sour, this is salad is for you. Oh and not to mention it comes together in less than 15 minutes.
I was struggling what to name it 'cause it has almost equal amount of ingredients for the salad so I kind of went for the most obvious title and named it sweet and sour. I hope you try it and like my simple salad or side dish!
Sweet and Sour Salad
Serves 6 | Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup Edamame, (thawed)
- 1 can Chickpea
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1/4 Red onion, diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Mango, diced
- 1 handful Parsley, flat leaf chopped
- 2-3 Tbs. Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- Sugar to your preference /Honey or Agave could be sub.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, set aside so it can get infused by the garlic.
- Chop/dice all the ingredients for the salad, and mix everything into one large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve with/over steak, chicken or fish fillets, noodles are great substitute for any type or meat/poultry.
- Edamame literally translates from Jap. to Eng. as green soybean.
- Edamame soybeans that I used are frozen and out of the pod, so either I leave it overnight in the fridge or 30 minutes on the countertop to thaw before I start making this salad.
- I didn't wanted to add any amount of sugar in the recipe because everybody have different taste, and you should taste before adding. That way you will be fully satisfied.
I wish you all an amazing wee ahead!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.