Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
Every year around this time, I cannot believe it's almost the end of the November, and a new year is knocking on our doors. I am not as traditional person as many might think. Therefore, I am not planning to make a big bird and shower the table with tones of side dishes. I will make these meatballs and few side dishes that my family loves to eat, and few of them I showed you in my previous post.
I like things simple, holidays enjoyed in company of my kids and my better half, and of course quite supper where we sit and enjoy food -so no matter what I serve, I know we are thankful for what we have on the table.
I had many blessings that came my way this year, and the biggest one that I am thankful each year without a doubt is knowing that my kids are happy and healthy, which is of course the most important thing in my life. Not even one day goes by that we don't laugh -so I overlook those days when being a parent can be tough, almost impossible, but then I look at them and see how life is simple and joyful just because the most precious people are next to me every single day with smiles on their faces.
I am thankful for so much more -for my amazing husband, wonderful in-laws, my friends and for readers of this blog, because you all motivating me to continue doing what I really love and enjoy. Thank you for your kind notes, comments, support and your friendships, I truly appreciate each and every one of you!
These Cheese stuffed meatballs are simply amazing. I made them on several occasions and everybody loves them. Sometimes I put them on pasta, sometimes on the rice and as you can see my family love them in a hot biscuits. They are also very simple, and easy to be made. With this recipe you can use ground beef or chicken, and of course regular seasoned breadcrumbs. I hope you will try them and enjoy as much as we did!
Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- ¼ Jalapeno, finely chopped
½ tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Few sprinkles of Weber Kick'n Chicken *Optional
- ½ tsp. Oil
- 1 -1 ½ cups Italian Cheese Blend
- 1 ½ cups Seasoned breadcrumbs ( Seasoned Japanese Panko)
- Preheat the oven on 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add ground turkey in the bowl and add garlic, onion, jalapeno, black pepper and salt to taste. You can add few sprinkles if any of Weber Kick'n chicken seasoning (read in the notes). Add oil and mix until well combined.
- Take about handful of meat mixture, size of the baseball and make it flat.
- Add cheese in the middle and close it, roll it in your hands until you make a thick meatball. Make sure to close the meatballs so the cheese cannot escape while baking-so make large patties and use about 1 tbs. or so of cheese.
- Put on the side each of them and on clean work area put breadcrumbs-roll each meatball until coded with breadcrumbs.
- If you are not using parchment paper but alum foil spray with bit of oil and place each meatball with about one inch in separation between the meatballs.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve them hot and immanently, but it could be in the fridge for up to 2 days, just reheat really well before eating.
I love Weber seasonings, and I use different ones in many dishes. One my absolute favorite that I just run out of is Garlic and Herbs, but this one is fantastic too. If you don't have it or never used it, I strongly recommend their products which are gluten free, no MSG. In Weber Kick'n chicken ingredients: Onion, sea salt, garlic, spices, red pepper, orange peel, sugar and paprika. I WAS NOT PAID IN ANY FORM TO PROMOTE WEBER PRODUCTS. I really love it!
I wish you all an amazing Week ahead, and Thanksgiving! Stay safe!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.