It's still pretty hot here, humid most of the time but you can almost smell the Autumn comin'. Leaves started to fall, it rains more often and mornings are cooler as well as nights- I must say, It does feel more comfortable!
In between homework, piles of papers that I have to sign for school, talking to kids after school, blogging and being a good wifey by cooking a delicious meals (ahem on time o.O) I started to exercise 6 days a week. I am a foodie and a foodie who gains weight fast, so I have to keep moving in order to keep it down. Although this move to a new place throw me off the track and I took almost a whole month without my power walks or riding a bike.
I also changed my eating habits for good, which is really hard when you have house full of growing kids and foodies like me...but cookie or something sweet is perfectly fine as long as you can moderate!
Now let's get back to the delicious topic....~FOOD~....
This is a side dish, and a dish that was a hit in my house. It's lil' bit of this and lil' bit of that, but whole thing was just perfectly combined and tied with crispy bacon. Did I get your attention? Yes, bacon! For vegan friends, of course you omit, because even without bacon this is one delicious side dish that goes well with everything, even if you put it on the bread. Give it try, it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish..and yes that includes chopping! It's flavorful, more on mediterranean side, bit of Italian influence from spices, seasonal and perfect for quick side dish that goes well with your fish, steak or even italian sausages.
Sauteed Vegetable Medley with Bacon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Scallions, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Large Corns (fresh but take it off the cob)
- 1 Large Zucchini, sliced
- 15 Grape tomatoes, halved (cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes with be fine too)
- 5 black olives, sliced (more if you desire)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano and Basil to taste ( about 1/3 tsp. each)
- Bacon* (turkey bacon or Canadian bacon could be used, or omit!)
- Put olive oil in the saute or frying pan, then add minced garlic and chopped
- Add corn and sliced zucchini, stir and cook for few minutes, preferably covered and on medium high.
- Add halved tomatoes and sliced black olives, season the dish with salt, pepper and herbs; Stir!
- Let it cook until the corn and zucchini is done but not overcooked. Uncover so juice from veggies can evaporate faster.
- Cook bacon by cutting it in smaller pieces and place in the frying pan without oil. Cook until it looks crispy. Transfer onto kitchen paper towel and sprinkle over the vegetable medley once it's ready for serving.
You may use sweet potatoes, squash or any vegetable that you desire.
Put herbs of your choice and experiment with different taste and aroma.
Squeeze or two of lemon juice over my serving plate was perfect, I didn't put in the ingredients but I tried and it was phenomenal and refreshing!
It's almost FRIDAY, peeps~ hang on just one more day!!! :D
I wish you an amazing weekend ahead!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at firstname.lastname@example.org.