Are you peanut butter person or you like almond butter just a little bit more? I LOVE both! I love peanut butter after taste and almond doesn't have that but I am in love with combination of honey-almonds...maybe next time I should include chocolate too, but addition of nutella do wonders for me.
Bagel, almond butter, and nutella...oh my, it doesn't get any better than that.
Ever since I was a little girl(I promise it's not a grandma story)...so ever since I was little I loved honey. If you had a chance to read my recent interview on Gourmandize you could learn that I would hide under the table with spoon and big jar of honey and finish it off all by myself. Honey was like a chocolate to me, sweet, sweet affair!
I didn't need anything else just honey...but I do have similar story with boiled eggs...oh well! I will just keep that one for the next time.
Honey and almonds are an amazing partners in crime together. It is healthy, gluten free delicious and so good!
Making it at home is that much more sweeter, and it's not even hard to make it. This honey-almond butter makes fantastic gift, breakfast or one healthy after school snack!
All you need here is three ingredients, little bit of work and that's it!
My kids happen to take more of my genes (ahem!) and all three love this combination. This was our breakfast this morning, and we added some apples, blueberries, my homemade orange-carrot juice and they went to school ready,happy and healthy!
- 1½ (355g))Cups Roasted Almonds
- ½ tsp.(2.4g) Sea Salt
- 1-2 Tbs. Pure Honey (1tbs=14.7g)
- Roast your almonds if they are not already roasted (375F for about 12 min)
- Place roasted almonds in the food processor with ½ tsp of salt, let it process until it is all grounded and start to lump.
- Open the lid and scrape the almonds from the sides and process again for a few minutes until it start to lump again, open and scrape if necessary.
- At that point you will add honey and process for next 5-7 minutes or until you reach desirable creaminess.
- This could be done with any nuts, also I prefer to roast them myself. That way nuts release the delicious aroma and oils.
- If your almond butter is too dry, you could add perhaps 1/2 tsp of coconut oil butter to the mixture, but It's not necessary!
- Click HERE to watch a video. It show you how to do it, only difference is that I added honey.
~I wish you an awesome mid week!~
Stay healthy and happy and thank you so much for stopping by!!!!