Ginger your life....
|image copyright wiki|
There is two kinds of ginger available, young and mature. They both look differently and both have different flavor. Young one is mild and skin could be eaten and mature is more bitter-spicy and skin should be peeled.
Ginger have pretty strong flavor and I wouldn't recommend for you to eat it alone, instead it's used in varieties of dishes, desserts and teas too.
When it's cooked of course strong flavor from fresh ginger disappear but overall increases and transformers any dish in more flavorful taste.
Ginger is well known as a natural remedy for centuries reliving motion and morning sickness to helping cancer patients especially after chemotherapy.
Of course like many homemade natural remedy it always takes longer for you to feel better using alternative way, and it will not cure any diseases but certainty will help protect you by making your immune system stronger.
This root have natural anti-inflammatory effects-it is commonly used for cold and flu, menstrual cramps, stomach nausea and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- A review published by the National Institute of Health lists ginger as a plant with one of the highest amounts of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the cells from aging-related diseases and toxins that can lead to cancers.
- An efficient anti-depressant, Ginger smooth mind and gives a brain calmness and relief.
- Ginger can help you decrease weight, although less known but one study by Japanese researches shown that overweight mice did in fact led to weight loss using Ginger supplements.
- Ginger can lower cholesterol, again lesser known effect.
I use Ginger fresh, and cook in many different dishes and I love it in my tea.
Now when the cold and flu season arrived this tea is more often in front of my family, because I don't want to wait until we actually get sick to drink it.
Most commonly I boil it with fresh lemon halves and pure organic honey, and making it for whole day. I would say that it's much better beverage then any juice that we buy in the store. My kids like it very much, so I know that yours will love it too.
Now let's sip on some good tea that mother nature intended us to do in the first place and for a moment stay away from processed foods.
- 7 Cups of water
- 1-2 Lemons, cut in half(if you like sour then use 2)
- 3 Thumbs big Fresh Ginger(matured),
- 3 Tbs. Pure Honey
- Wash Lemons and Ginger really good with the hot water.
- Cut the lemons in half and if you like chop the ginger and peel—mostly I just boil chunks without peeling.
- Put in the pot and boil with honey for about 15 minutes on medium after it boils(use deeper pot)
- Take off the burner, cover with the lid and let it stay covered for the next 10 minutes.
- Take out lemon halves and ginger, stir and drink warm just after cooling for 10 minutes, or you can place in the fridge for later.
Honey is sweet that many people do not give second thought that in fact this sweet delicious sweetener have healing ability—so no, Honey is not a sugar but a medicine that can be used or served for many purposes.
Ever sense I was little my #1 sweet treat was not candy, or chocolate but Honey. I loved honey then and still love it.
Honey has been used for over 2000 years all over the world and plays important aspect in traditional medicines but let's go over some more facts about honey:
- It gives us Energy source and honey is much easier to be digested than sugar even with more calories.
- Honey consumed with warm water helps you digest fat that is stored in your body.
- It contains Vitamins and Minerals, but it does depends from what flower honey is.
- Honey have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Antioxidants --Honey
contains nutraceuticals, which are effective in removing free
radicals from our body and are
dietary supplements derived from plants that may benefit the body or
supply it with essential fatty acids.
- It's good for skin care and wound management.
There is not much for me left to say about this powerful fruit that was not said before- fruit that we can make so many amazing dishes and desserts with. I actually do like even to dip in the honey and just suck all the juice out, I know bad for teeth but I brush right after.
Anyhow let's just go over some quick facts for the sake of the post:
- It is very effective in curing digestion problems, nausea, disorder of lower intestines and many other...
- When taken regularly every morning lemon juice mixed with warm water it actually act like a tonic to the liver and stimulate bile, meaning that food that you ate will be digested faster.
- There are many theories that Lemon juice dissolve gallbladder stones.
- Since it's high in Vitamin C content it treats and helps prevent many infections , relives asthma, tonsillitis and sore throat.
- Lemons are diuretic, and it helps flush bad bacteria and the toxins.
I hope I didn't overwhelmed you with my post today. I thought because many are having flu and cold these days maybe some tips and facts can be helpful and this tea is truly fantastic. If you never made it, you have to try!
Wishing you wonderful new week ahead!!!!
Sandra's Easy Cooking by sandraseasycooking.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at sandraseasycooking.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at email@example.com.