No Crust Potato, Rice and Ham Quiche
It is simple and easy recipe, very tasty and for me it’s like combining all three meals into one.
I might say that I am going through bloggers blockage often and not only that I have no idea what to make to share with you but it can be tricky not to copy what I’ve shared before. If you go through my index-it has over 300 recipes, and yes at this point it can be hard to pick something to be easy, affordable, something that busy mom can make fast, or single dad or even collage student. I don’t like to waist your time so I am looking at the easiest recipes possible, that do not lack in taste or in nutrition.
I am busy mom of three so I try to balance my day and every day. Sometimes it doesn’t go the way I’ve planned on the other hand It would be really strange if everything is peachy perfect all the time–so I do rely on fast, healthy, appalling, and tasty meals every single day. I am just happy that I have opportunity to share with all of you.
Serves 4-6 depending on the size
- 3 Potatoes, med. size, sliced thin
- 1 cup Rice, short grain/white
- 1 cup Canadian Bacon or Ham, cubed
- 2 Tbs. Oil
- 4 Eggs, large
- 1 Tbs. Sour Cream
- 2 Tbs. Cottage Cheese*optional
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 2 Green onions, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put 1 Cup of rice to boil in 4 Cups of water with the 1/2 tsp. Salt; boil until done (15 minutes); drain, and set aside.
- Peel, wash and Slice potatoes into thin slices and boil for 10 minutes; take them out and set aside.
- Preheat the oven on 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the Canadian Bacon (Ham or Turkey bacon) into cubes, and chop the Scallions.
- Mix the eggs with sour cream, cottage cheese, whipped cream, milk and 1 Tbs. Oil and few pinches of salt and ground black pepper; mix until well combined. Add flour for the texture.
- Grease the non stick baking pan with 1 more Tbs. of Oil and start layering- Potatoes, cooked Rice, Canadian Bacon; Sprinkle just bit of salt and pepper if desired for better taste.
- Pour over evenly egg mixture, toss all over chopped scallions and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- I used aluminium foil to cover the top for the first 15 minutes to prevent burning faster, then I removed it and cooked for 15-20 more minutes.
- If the top is not golden brown even after 35 minutes(even though everything should be done on the inside) just turn your oven on broil 450F and cook for less than minute, but be careful it can burn easily so watch and be close to pull it out fast once it start to turn into golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven, carefully and let it cool down for few minutes before cutting into wadges or squares.
- You can serve this with the piece of chicken or fish and salad on the side.
- You can substitute bacon for leftover chicken.
- You don’t like or don’t have green/spring onions just omit them and shred or mince some sweet onions and mix them with your eggs.
- Just be creative and use what you like, I mean you can add asparagus, peppers or carrots into the mixture too.