I have been treating you almost every Friday with something sweet, or refreshing....in this case both. I love melons, any kind but somehow cantaloupes have been on top of my favorites. To me pleasant and soothing smell of the cantaloupe is priceless.
With more than half in my fridge, idea of sorbet came in my head. I knew that I will like it, and that my kids will have perfect after school sweet treat.
Recipe is very simple, and you can even include your children to help you out as they always like to help parents in the kitchen.
Taste is absolutely amazing and I am sure you and your family will love this sorbet too.
Makes 3 Cups
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Juice from 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Cantaloupe, cubed
- Boil water with sugar and lemon juice for 20 minutes, take it off and let the syrup cool down to the room temperature.
- Cut the cantaloupe in half, peel and cube.
- Put them in the food processor or blender; if the syrup is at the room temperature pour it over the cubed cantaloupe; blend until it is smooth--about 40-50 seconds. Transfer in to air tight container and chill in the fridge for few hours or even overnight.
- Stir the chilled mixture, then freeze in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Sorbet will be soft, but ready to eat, however for firmer sorbet, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze at least one more hour.
- If you do not own the ice-cream maker, place immediately into freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 5 hrs. or over night.
Wishing you beautiful Friday and weekend ahead!
You cannot copy, or republish (recipes or images) without permission of the author.