Hello dear readers,
Besides my new lens from my hubby that I am putting in a good use, handmade cookbook from my daughter that she made in her class, numerous beautiful and thoughtful drawings from both of my sons, I also got new cookbook for mother’s day, a gift from myself. It is “Cooking school-Thai Cuisine”. I love Japanese and Chinese dishes, but have to tell you that I also enjoy occasional Thai as well. I wanted to explore more extraordinary flavors of Thailand, so this book was unbelievably helpful to bring aroma of Thai cuisine into my kitchen and on my blog.
Today I am introducing really easy recipe, and packed with explosion of flavor. It is smooth and creamy, it is spicy but mild, and light coconut milk is just an amazing addition. I visioned my idea to use coconut shell as a bowl, since I already had a coconut…which I had to use hand saw and than huge knife to open it! I shared a photo on my Instagram crying out for suggestions if there is any easier way to open it…no really my hand was hurting!:)
Anyhow….let’s move on, me opening a coconut for 30 minutes is not interesting at all:))
So here is a recipe that I twigged a bit since it was including baby eggplants that unfortunately I didn’t have and I really didn’t want to get out of my comfy PJ and drive to the store…so it is what it is, and it tasted awesome!!!!
How to get ingredients in the USA:
- You can find in your local store such as Kroger, Publix or Walmart on aisles where is International Food/cuisines.
- You can visit your International Market and find everything that you need, for just about any Asian influenced dish.
- Look online! (Personally, I don’t like to order any types of food online)
Thai Green Chicken CurryServe 4Prep time: 5 minutesCook time: 15 minutesTotal time: 20 minutesIngredients:
- 2 tbsp. Peanut chili Oil /I put chili flakes and made it spicy
- 2 tbsp. Green Curry Paste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely torn (got it in the international store)
- 1 Lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- Thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves,
- Shaved fresh coconut
- Cilantro *optional
- OR/ Thai Basil
- Heat a pan or/wok over high heat, and add Peanut chili oil.
- Add the green curry paste and stir it until aromas are released.
- Add cubed chicken, lime leaves, and lemongrass and cook it for about 5 minutes or until chicken begin to develop nice brown color.
- Add coconut milk with just a pinch of salt and simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Thai Fish sauce and serve immediately, perhaps over some rice.
Now garnish is up to you, I had coconut so I garnished it by shaving few slices, didn’t have Thai basil, or any basil on hand so I used cilantro instead just to give you an example and contrast of the colors. I did change recipe just a little bit but it still seemed very tasty.
I hope you will have wonderful weekend and thank you so much for your comments!
P.S. This dish made it on the foodbuzz top 9! Thank you all for your support, visits, comments and buzzes!!!!
All the images and recipes are ©2011 Sandra’s Easy Cooking. All Rights Reserved.
You cannot copy, or republish (recipes or images) without permission of the author.